Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Braxton Hicks ?

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 4 months ago
I woke up at 3am this morning with 'tummy ache'. However, it lasted for about a minute, quite strong, then disappeared. I thought not much more about it until 10 minutes later it was back, exactly the same. This continued until 5.30am when it stopped and I dropped off back to sleep.

I went for my 36 week check today and babe still isn't engaged and is happily kicking around. I was hoping to hear she was at least partially engaged (I know, I'm very impatient!).

I never experienced Braxton Hicks before. Doc said it was likely to be them. Anyone else had similar? I thought BH were far more irregular?

I want this little one to come along real soon!! I'm worried I'll have to be induced (which I don't want as I don't want a CS Crying ).

sugattasugatta
Hello kristag,

Could you explain me what braxton hicks are ? I'm french and I haven't found the translation of these words. Confused

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi hun. It does sound as if they could be braxton hicks? I didn't have any at all in my 1st pregnancy but when i was expecting Jake they happened alot towards the end of my pregnancy. from around 36 weeks onwards i would have them at least a few times a week - Sometimes they would last for ages and make me think i was going into labour and then completely disappear? For around the last 3/4days of my pregnancy i had Braxton Hicks everyday. Then they suddenly became much stronger on the monday for most of the day. I knew on the tuesday morning at arounf 2am that things had changed(not sure how? I just knew) and Jake was born at 10.30pm tues night.

Sugatta Braxton Hicks are practise contractions you may have leading up to the birth. They usually aren't extremely painful, more uncomfortable really. Hope this helps? Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had braxton hicks with both mine, i actually started to feel then with George at the begining of the 2nd trimester Scared

I got them every evening in the last 6ish weeks of pregnancy, just after tea...strangely I went into labour after tea too Cuckoo

AlexAlex Moderator

sugatta said:
Hello kristag,

Could you explain me what braxton hicks are ? I'm french and I haven't found the translation of these words. Confused

Braxton hicks are false contractions pains.

It does sound like it was braxton hicks hun.

Dont worry about baby not being engaged often with 2nd babies it is during labour that they become engaged and also dont worry about being induced yet you still have 4 weeks to go. Hug

kristagkristag
Thanks ladies. It does sound like it was them. Haven't had any more though. I also didn't have any for my 1st pregnancy so had no idea what they were like Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews