Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Any Mums in Somerset ?

carnivalgicarnivalgi
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Hi I'm Ruth, I live in Taunton Somerset and have a 22 month old daughter. Am always up for meeting new people, so if anyone fancies a chat or is close enough for a coffee, drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you. Clapping

EmilyEmily
Hi Ruth, I live in Bristol so not that far from you - have you joined any local toddler groups?? They're great places to make new friends!

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Hi Emily, yes we go to three Toddler groups. They're great and my DD really enjoys them. Still like to meet new friends though and often these mother and baby sites are a good way to do that. No Bristols not far, we often come up to Cribbs. Smile

XxjessxXXxjessxX
hey im live in the village street im a young mum of 17 (18 at end of the month) and intrested in meeting new mums because friends prefere going out at night when i cnat so they all decided to ditch me Sad

i have a 15month old daughter!

xx

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Hi xxxjessxxx am really sorry to hear that, thats really sad. Are there any Mum n baby clubs near you that you can get to, it would at least get you out and meeting other Mums. It can be a lonely old business bringing up a baby can't it? How are you finding being a Mum? Wave

XxjessxXXxjessxX
hey yeh i go 2 a young mums group in glastonbury but alot of them still go out of a night as the have there parents 2 help not sayin i dont have my parents to help but because i was 15 when i fell pregnant and 16 when i had my lil girl i grew up a hell of a lot quicker and clubbin and gettin drunk doesnt intrest me i like 2 sit @ home with my lil girl or go 2 the park really.

being a parent can b lonely sometimes but then i look @ my lil girl and think i wouldnt change how my life has happened one lil bit! Very Happy x

carnivalgicarnivalgi
We don't get to go out much. I think the last time was back in Feb. Don't have any family to babysit and have to pay a babysitter when we do go out, so we don't much.. Besides I hate leaving my LO, I really miss her. Sad eh!!

ellee1984ellee1984
Hiya, Im also from somerset I dont know that many mums either I go to a baby group but cos I havent been able to go from when my daughter was born its very hard to get to know the other mums with children around the same age as my daughter as they all gotton to know each other from a very early age with their children.

My daughter is 9months old now.

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Hi ellee, actually I didn't start going to Toddler groups until Rio was about 9 months, I always felt she was too young before she could sit up and move about a bit.
It is very scary going by yourself for the first time. I'm lucky now and know several people I can rope in to go with me, but at first, I had to take a deep breath and go for it!! Some of them are very friendly though. Whereabouts in Somerset are you? Anywhere near me?

ellee1984ellee1984
Kinda, I live in Burnham area. Ive been going since about february my friend dragged me along she was nagging me for weeks to go and i kept putting it off. I would have gone since izzy was younger but we had to move up north and then i moved back down here again by myself with izzy at the end of january. I got to know a couple of people but i find alot of them are in there groups now and you just get a hi out of them and thats it.

CathyGCathyG
i live just over the border in Devon. i come to Taunton occassionally for Mothercare World!. Toddler Groups can be difficult as people have grouped up & don't always welcome new people. I don't think its anything personal, its just how it is. when i went (don;t go anymore as back at work), i just went or my LOs benefit, i chatted to a few of the others, but never made any friends. oh well.

ellee1984ellee1984
I got 2 friends with children that live near me one is a few weeks younger than izzy and my other friends children are like 3 and 6. I find I dont have much of a life anymore cos your friends who dont have children write you off, so at times it can get rather lonely just constantly bringing up a child and working as thats all I seem to do now.

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Hi Cathy. yes Mothercare in Taunton is really good. I can walk there just about from where I live.
Ellee, I know how you feel about doing nothing but looking after a child. It came as a bit of a shock to me as well. I don't have any family nearby to babysit, so DH and I rarely go out as babysitters are so expensive

ellee1984ellee1984
I got my parents nearby but sumtimes you just need that time on your own with people your own age and have adult conversations you know? but everyone just writes you off cos you got kids..

carnivalgicarnivalgi
Well I get out a lot and meet alot of other mums, so I do get adult conversation, but it's usually child based and I always have my DD in tow. I would go mad though if I didn't go to Toddler groups or getogethers with other mums and yes, you're right the friends you had before without children just don't want to see you anymore.

ellee1984ellee1984
i see one of my friends alot and go to baby group about an hr a wk other than that the only conversations i get are on here on msn or over the fone and texts. i love my LO to bits and wouldnt change her at all but sumtimes this mite sound selfish i miss my old life

carnivalgicarnivalgi
No it doesn't sound selfish at all. My partner gets to go out as normal which I really resent sometimes. He will have our DD so that I can go out, but he doesn't cope with her very well, plus I have no transport, so I just stay in basically. I used to be out all the time before we had her.

CathyGCathyG

ellee1984 said:
i see one of my friends alot and go to baby group about an hr a wk other than that the only conversations i get are on here on msn or over the fone and texts. i love my LO to bits and wouldnt change her at all but sumtimes this mite sound selfish i miss my old life

Course its not selfish. we all feel like this sometimes. Having a baby is a major life changing experience in more ways than one. Once your LO is older you'll be able to return to doing things you used to "your old life", but you might find that if fact they're not that great anymore & you'd rather be with your LO afterall. x

ellee1984ellee1984
Yeah I just kinda feel guilty though for even thinking it. It dont really help cos my OH and I live apart and he up north with work and I only get to see him once a month when he comes to pick her up and drops her back off so i feel kinda resentful for that fact that he hardly sees her and i feel that im just doing it all and then get criticised and what ive done has been undone when i get her back

CathyGCathyG

ellee1984 said:
Yeah I just kinda feel guilty though for even thinking it. It dont really help cos my OH and I live apart and he up north with work and I only get to see him once a month when he comes to pick her up and drops her back off so i feel kinda resentful for that fact that he hardly sees her and i feel that im just doing it all and then get criticised and what ive done has been undone when i get her back

oh thats pretty shitty eh? Poor you. Its tough on your own doing everything, bloody knackering. Will your OH be back or are you seperated?

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews