Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Itchy bit one side of bump

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 3 months ago
I've got a tiny, itchy bit of skin on the left hand side of my bump at the top, just below my boob. It never itches anywhere else and sometimes I don't notice it and yet other times, it drives me nuts Blink

It's also slightly numb in that one spot.

Anyone had something similar? I'm not itchy all over so it's not a liver issue but I just wonder what it could be? Confused

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hmmm? Is it around where the baby's feet would be? Could just be that the baby is pressing on a nerve or something? Maybe why it's numb there too, and why you only notice it sometimes? Sorry can't be much help hun, haven't experienced this one. Doesn't sound as if it is anything to get too worried about though? Maybe just ask your midwife next time you see her? Xx

kristagkristag
Spoke to MW today about this having scared myself reading about itching in pregnancy but obviously more severe and widespread than mine Smile

It is generally due to the skin being stretched. It is around where baby's feet are and also where what's left of my stomach is Embarassed I also notice it tends to go numb and itch more after I've eaten. Guess it's just one of those things. At least it's nothing to worry about unless the itching becomes much worse and is on your hands and feet apparently.

Phew Thumbs Up

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I didn't think it sounded serious hun. Glad the midwife has confirmed it for you Thumbs Up. Hope everything else is going well for you at the moment hun? Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews