Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

TTC and driving me mad!

mum2bpleasemum2bplease
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi there, just joined today in the hope for some support. I came off yasmin 12 months ago, periods were irregular for 6 months but around 26-29 days now. However, myself and husband only just decided to actively TTC from this month.

Its driving me a bit mad though, as I a bit worried i might have fertility probs. Did lots of BD around the right time this month and period is due between now and thurs. The wait is driving me mad!

Was wondering, if it is negative should i go to Doc, as i have ben off pill for a year now?

Any advice or opinions welcome. x

kristagkristag
Firstly, welcome to JP Thumbs Up

I think you need to give yourselves some time if this is the first month you've actually tried.

Have a look at some of the older posts about how long it took to conceive and you'll see it's a pretty variable thing.

I would imagine your doctor would tell you to wait a while. I know our local doctors only begin to start thinking about checking couples if they have been trying for 6 months with no joy.

As your periods vary slightly, might be worth getting yourself an ovulation predictor in the chemist to establish when you ovulate.

Good luck anyway Smile

mum2bpleasemum2bplease
Thanks for that, dissapointingly AF came this morning. Think I'll get an OPK this month.!

soupsoup
i think you need to be TTC for 2 years before you can get any sort of assistance

i know that it happens for some people very easily but try and tell yourself that it will probably take at least 6 months, that way you wont get really depressed when AF comes

learn about tracking to help your chances (not everyone ovulates around day 14 especially if you are irregular)

you can track your basal body temp to detect ovulation

you can track your cervix to detect ovulation (your cervix moves ...alot over the course of a month)

and you can track using your mucas Embarassed theres a few days when it looks and acts like raw egg whites that is very sperm friendly and it happens when you ovulate

try and put these 3 things together to get the best chance

good luck Clapping

candgsmumcandgsmum
It took me 11 months to fall on with my son after coming off Yasmin.

I found that after losing some weight and having less stress that i fell pregnant.

Good luck TTC x

kristagkristag
With regard to Soup's answer, there is a book I used (I do natural family planning as I can't take the pill) called Fertility by Dr Elizabeth Clubb and Jane Knight. It's quite old now but you'll probably find it on Amazon. It's great for showing you how to work all these factors in together and charting each month so you learn your cycle.

Hope that's of help and good luck Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews