Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

what are your favorite wake up calls?

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Don't you just miss those bygone days when it was time to wake up and your mom (or someone) greeted you with a cheerful, singsong "Gooooood mooorninng"? My mom used to do that.
These days, now that I'm older, the only person that wakes me up close to that nicely is Rob. I feel so demanded to wake up that it's like people consider it lazy to stay in bed past 8.
Well, I am continuing my mom's art of a wake up call with Candra.

What are most favorite wake up calls? And, what are your memories of a the worst ones?

My worst ones were when I was living with Robs parents. They would kick the bed from the moment they got up. (Much earlier than me and Candra). Then make snappy, sarcastic comments all morning. Hey, if they had a problem with something then they could've just talked to me about the day before instead of giving the silent treatment right?

kristagkristag
My mum used to bring me a cup of coffee or drink in the morning in bed so I could wake up slowly. I'm not good in the mornings Mad

My husband still can't understand that if he speaks to me 3 minutes before the alarm is due to go off anyway, it puts me in a foul mood for ages Tounge Out

I wake Jas up in plenty of time and often take her her cereal up to her room at the weekends which she loves so she can wake up in her own time and watch a bit of telly before getting out of bed. Makes for a much happier child Very happy

Did I mention I don't like mornings? Razz

soupsoup
hmmm

didn't really have the sweet mum wake up call

best wake ups are the ones i get now from DH and a wide awake little boy who doesn't stop kissing/poking/hugging/jumping/asking questions/talking till i open my eyes Wink

hapydazyhapydazy
I don't really remember how my mom used to wake us up.... I do remember hating the sound of the alarm clock going off when I was in school (hhmmm still do hate it actually!)

If I have to wake Aaralyn up, I usually go in her room, turn on her tv to Noggin or Nickjr and then say in a sing song voice, "Good morning sunshine, time to wake up!!" usually responded with... "(grumble grumble) I'm too tired to wake up!" to which I respond with tickling and "what would you like for breakfast this morning?" that usually does the trick of getting her up! usually Wink

AlexAlex Moderator
Mum used to scream at me every morning to get up!!!! Wink

I do like when Joseph comes through and climbs in bed with me and gives me a HUGE cuddle

daisy33daisy33
My fab mum always got me a cup of tea Love

x

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog

daisy33 said:
My fab mum always got me a cup of tea Love

x

almost snap but mine was my dad Very happy

soupsoup
i also have a really rude answer to this question but i wont say it Embarassed

glowingsunglowingsun
I enjoyed reading those stories. Anybody else wanna add one?

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
Didn't have one lol. I'd prefer not to have a wake up call and stay in bed all day (if only I could) haha I loooooove my sleep!

RichieRichie
I used to get mine with my Mum making a cuppa downstairs and shoutin at the top of her voice for me to get out of bed! About half an hour maybe even an hour later I got up and she made me drink the cold cuppa then go to school. I HATE COLD CUPPA's!!!!

jo-jojo-jo
My mum used to rub the tip of my nose while saying "Wake up princess" lol. If i didnt get up she would draw back the curtains and let the sun in,boy would that get me up and grumpy!!! Mad

These days its either Vic with his usuall "can you put nick jnr on?"or Sam gooing and cooing wanting his morning feed:love: or my DH with "hey babe do ya wanna bump ugly's??"lol Wink

glowingsunglowingsun

jo-jo said:
My mum used to rub the tip of my nose while saying "Wake up princess" lol. If i didnt get up she would draw back the curtains and let the sun in,boy would that get me up and grumpy!!! Mad

These days its either Vic with his usuall "can you put nick jnr on?"or Sam gooing and cooing wanting his morning feed:love: or my DH with "hey babe do ya wanna bump ugly's??"lol Wink

Why is ti that guys always have to be turned when at the most inconvenient times. It's like their progammed to bug us or something.

Danielle890Danielle890
posted 9 years 9 months ago
really has taken me back to my youth with all your different stories of being woken up!

Ive got 2 kids: 6 and 8 years old and I find morning routines really stressful i.e. getting kids out of bed, at the moment im go into each of their rooms and softly wake them up but they either fall back to when i leave or take an age to get out of their beds. Sleep

We have started to consider trialing an alarms clock to see if this works better - has anyone any better solutions??- or used alarm clocks for children this young? your help is greatly appreciated!

jo-jojo-jo
I set my alarm to go off at 6:15am as i like to have a quiet breakfast on my own and get lunches ready for school , once im up the children usually hear me getting breakfast ready anyway and follow me into the kitchen (not every morning though).I know an alarm clock wont work with my 6yo (i tried lol)but give it a go it might just work with your 8yo !!!

Danielle890Danielle890
thanks for the reply - we'll give the alarm clock a go and ill try and get more things done the night before - fingers crossed!

CamillaBKMCamillaBKM
posted 9 years 8 months ago
My best wake up calls are a cup of tea being brought to me.
My worst was being woken by a child vomiting next to me in bed Sad Face

Camilla

tacHi416tacHi416
posted 8 years 9 months ago
my mom usually wakes me up yelling at me until i get up. it really doesn't stop and it's very annoying but still very effective. Very happy

SimonBlossomSimonBlossom
posted 8 years 9 months ago
The sun blazing through my window. I'm useless in winter - it was almost pitch black this morning and it took me about an hour to get out of bed!

goeliagoelia
posted 8 years 7 months ago

jo-jo said:
My mum used to rub the tip of my nose while saying "Wake up princess" <abbr title='Laugh Out Loud'>LOL</abbr>. If i didnt get up she would draw back the curtains and let the sun in,boy would that get me up and grumpy!!! Mad

These days its either Vic with his usuall "can you put nick jnr on?"or Sam gooing and cooing wanting his morning feed:love: or my <abbr title='Darling Husband'>DH</abbr> with "hey babe do ya wanna bump ugly's??"<abbr title='Laugh Out Loud'>LOL</abbr> Wink

MY mom used to rub the tip of my nose too. Then I waked up, and got a cup of milk. Time flies, now it's my turn to wake up my kid. But I really miss the old times.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews