Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Nooooooooooooo! Update: Had the Pins Out woohooo!!

hapydazyhapydazy
posted 1 decade 11 months ago
Kiss Kiss Kiss

Awwww, I want this to be over with for you too!! Not as much as you do though I'm sure.

I think everything will go fine and in about two months time you're going to have the prettiest left foot in town! and no more pain!! Kiss

AlexAlex Moderator
How did you get on hun?xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
It went well hun, although my anaesthetic is still wearing off, so the pain hasn't kicked in yet properly.

My foot is bandaged heavily but you can see the pins sticking out of the bottom of my toes Shocked which is a little stomach turning lol!

The op wasn't at all as bad as I expected, the noise was like having a filling tbh and I could feel a little vibration etc, but it wasn't a nasty feeling or uncomfortable. The worst part was the injections in the top of my foot!

All the staff were fantastic and I felt really looked after and cared for, although there was a slight problem this morning they realised they'd never sent me for any x-rays, so I had to take a detour to Huddersfield Infirmary for my feet x-raying!

Mart has been brilliant too, he even put the washer on this evening (it's the first time he's ever used it since we bought it...2 1/2 yrs ago!).

The plus side is I don't need any crutches as I'm allowed to use my heel to walk on but they've given me strict instructions that I'm not allowed to walk much for the first week except to literally go to the loo! I have to keep it elevated all the time.

I have the pins out on Christmas Eve!! At least they will be out for Christmas day though.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
awww, i am soooo glad it wasn't as bad as you were expecting sarah. Make sure you take their advice and have your feet up for at least a week hun. I think it is a great excuse to sit a demand waiting on, whilst you are on JP all day! Smile lol. Glad you will have the pins out for christmas hun. I'm sure it will be feeling a lot better by then! Kiss Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Upset

I can't even bear to put my weight on my heel today. Sad Face

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Awww hun. I'm sorry it is so painful Sad Face . Try and keep ahead with the painkillers. After i had Lolly (emergency c-section) they told me to take painkillers when i started feeling the pain and not to wait until it was really bad or by the time the painkillers started to work it would be agony. Also make sure you are resting hun, it is going to take a day or two before it gets less painful, so feet up!!!! Xx

hapydazyhapydazy

candgsmum said:
OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! Upset

I can't even bear to put my weight on my heel today. Sad Face

Awww hun, it usually feels worse before it gets better so let's hope today will be the worse of it and then it will start to feel better for you Kiss

Stay off of it and do what you're supposed to be doing and don't do what you're not supposed to be... Keep lettin Mart look after you like that and tidy up and all that stuff... I bet he'll have a much better appreciation for what you do as mum now too Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
Sorry I asked how it went and never responded again.

Glad it wasnt as bad as you thought, even if you are in alot of pain today. Im sure it is probably because there will be alot of swelling and once it goes down so will the pain. Listen to the doctors and only walk if you have too and rest lots in between. xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
It's not as bad today, I find it's more first thing in the morning it hurts a lot.

I'm on strong Ibuprofen and paracetamol with codeine, unfortunately they aren't making my stomach feel great Wink

I've been able to put a bit of weight on my heel again today Very happy I even managed a bath (I'm not strictly allowed one until my pins are out, but I can't wait 4 weeks, I just don't feel as clean having a strip wash) I stuck my leg out of the bath lol.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well I've had the stitches out Very happy I got them out Tuesday which wasn't painful but it wasn't pleasant either!

I managed to get an appointment for 23rd to have the pins out instead of xmas eve. I'm really really fed up now though Sad Face I can't put a sock on unless I've cut the toes out and my foot is freezing!!! I've got to be really careful not to knock the pins, which is easier said than done. Saying to the kids, 'stay away from mummy's foot' is like telling them to home in on it Suspect Teeth

Ah well 11 days to go!!! Crazy

HayleyHayley
Ouch hunni that sounds nasty Upset i cant imsgine having pins in my feet! god i really feel for u!

its al ong time to go without a bath aswell, and not bein able to wear shoes n things!

lots of hugs Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

hapydazyhapydazy

candgsmum said:
Well I've had the stitches out Very happy I got them out Tuesday which wasn't painful but it wasn't pleasant either!

I managed to get an appointment for 23rd to have the pins out instead of xmas eve. I'm really really fed up now though Sad Face I can't put a sock on unless I've cut the toes out and my foot is freezing!!! I've got to be really careful not to knock the pins, which is easier said than done. Saying to the kids, 'stay away from mummy's foot' is like telling them to home in on it Suspect Teeth

Ah well 11 days to go!!! Crazy

You poor girl, that sounds soooo uncomfortable Kiss Hope the next 11 days will fly by for you!!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
aww hun, you poor thing. Still i'm sure the next 11 days will fly past. make the most of resting while you can hun! lol It's good news you have an appointment for the 23rd too rather than christmas eve Very happy Kiss Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Aw thanks Kiss

I had a total melt down earlier Embarassed

I was getting George some juice and Roxie followed us in the kitchen, so I asked her to go to out as its a very small kitchen. Unfortunately she stepped back right onto my foot, I yelped and she realised what she'd done and shot off, poor thing.

I rang the unit where'd i'd had the op and they told me to ring my practice nurse at my GP surgery. I text Martin in a panic as my toe was bleeding and the clip thing on the end of the pin had moved, so I was terrified I'd dislodged it. He came home from work and had a look and said it didn't look like it'd been dislodged, just turned. I got in to see the nurse and she said obviously she couldn't tell what the pin was like inside but it didn't look dislodged and that they would be more worried about the wound being open at this stage. she sprayed some iodine on the toe (which stung like hell) to help stop any infection occurring. she just advised me to keep an eye out for it looking like an infection was starting because I'd need to get on antibiotics sharpish.

I burst into tears before going to see the nurse though, Mart said he'd stop with me, but he was supposed to be going for a drink after work for someone's retirement so he'd had to give that up for me and the fact I feel so frustrated because I'm not able to do much and I'm so reliant on everyone else to do things, and its not done the way I would do it AAARGG! Sorry I'm ranting on Embarassed

HayleyHayley
aww hunni how frustrating for you Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

hapydazyhapydazy
Awwwww hun!!!! Kiss

Just try to think of the long term, after the next 11 days is over how much better it will be than before! Kiss

Take it easy tonight!! Keep it up, then no one can step on it babe!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, you poor thing. I hope it doesn't stay too painful for you, and the iodine stops any infection occuring. I'm sure it will be fine. Do like Tammy says hun and get that foot up and rest! Xx

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
im sorry ive not replied hun. hope yr ok and the days fly past

just wanted to say last year james broke his finger playing cricket. he almost snapped the end off ewwwww. he had to have a pin just like you have. he said having the pin removed was the easiest part of it. it never hurt. hope that helps a little. good luck hunni xxx

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
What time is your appointment to get the pins out?

candgsmumcandgsmum
Its on the 23rd at 9.15am. We have to be off really early as Huddersfield is a good 50 mins away with clear traffic. Unfortunately M62 in rush hour is pretty horrendous so it can take nearly 2hrs Shocked

Thanks for that Stacey Smile Although I'm looking forward to them being out I was a bit worried it would hurt.

I took a pic of my toes but I wasn't sure people would really want to see them lol Suspect Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews