Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Nooooooooooooo! Update: Had the Pins Out woohooo!!

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 1 decade 3 weeks ago
Last edited by candgsmum 9 years 9 months ago
I have to have an operation Crying

I've got really nasty toes...basically they are deformed. I went to the dr who reffered me to a podiatrist, who I went to see today. He had a quick look at them and just said i had to be refered to the surgeon Shocked

The podiatrist said they would break my toes and pin them to set them straight...under local anestetic...(I'm not overly happy about the thought of someone breaking my bones and inserting pins in them while I'm awake!)...and I will be on crutches for about 8 weeks!!! I'll have to wait for my appointment before I know exactly what they are going to do. I'm not even sure which hospital as yet, as the one I should be refered to has had to stop taking new patients Rolling Eyes Also I have to make the descion of having them both done at the same time or one then the other!!!

Arrrg!!!

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
posted 1 decade 3 weeks ago
Oh dear!

I am sorry that you have to have an operation and you're anxious about the local anesthetic.

When I had my first c - section I didn't like the idea of someone cutting me open while I was awake. But it was over in a matter of minutes.

Good luck! Hug

daisy33daisy33
posted 1 decade 2 weeks ago
Oh my god someone else with toes like me Shocked

I need it doing too, but just never got round to it.

I would do it one foot at a time maybe?

Goodluck with it all hon and let me know how you get on

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

glowingsunglowingsun
Have you seen a chiropractor? I would, just to see if there is a less brutal way to fix your toes.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
omg hun. sound nasty. when james broke his finger last year he had a pin put in so might be like that, but he had his under general.

good luck hun xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
That does not sound like fun!! I'd probably stick with the (as you put it) nasty feet LOL, unless it's painful for you with out the surgery...

Good luck hun, I hope it all goes well when you have the op done Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
I wish I could have the chiropractor cure them, but unfortunately they are that bad Sad

I think the best bet unfortunately is to have it done because my toes become very sore and I find it extremely dificult to find shoes, I live in trainers and pumps. I have corns and my nails have to be very short otherwise they cause pain because they dig into my shoe soles Gag

My grandma has bad feet (its hereditry) and they have caused her problems for as long as I can remember and she has to have her shoes specially made.

I bet it is ages yet before the op happens, I've still to wait on an appointment to have an initial consultation with the surgeon, still not looking forward to it though Unsure

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oh dear, that doesn't sound very nice hun, poor you. It is a difficult decision to make too. would be hard work if you have them done together but also difficult to have to go back and have it done twice. I really feel for you. I think i would maybe get it over and done with and do them both together? I'm sure the local anaesthetic will be ok hun, and as it is on your feet you shouldn't be able to see anything unless you want to look? Xx

soupsoup
i have really bad toes tooo

they are all bent up where my mum didn't buy me new shoes when i needed them Mad

they make wearing some shoes painfull
Crying

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 11 months ago
I got my appointment through really quick, about 2 weeks ago! I go to see the surgeon on 7th Oct...I'm not really looking forward to it No

jo-jojo-jo
Hug I hope it goes well for you.xxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww sarah, i'm sure it will go fine hun. Just remember if they hadn't been bothering you then you wouldn't have gone to the docs in the first place. So although it isn't a very nice procedure for you i'm sure you will be glad when it is all done and dusted hun. Hug Hug Hug

soupsoup
oh wow that was quick

good luck Clapping

candgsmumcandgsmum
Its only the initial consultation, I've no idea when I will be having the op as yet...if I decide to have it, I'm beginning to wonder how the heck things will get done around here with me being on crutches No

gypseygypsey
Hug Hug Hug good luck

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well I had my appointment today and it looks like they are going to have to break all four toes on both feet (not my big toes) Crying

I think they are planning on doing one foot at a time, and I have to have it under local anaesthetic. Unsure

I've got a pre-op on the 22nd and then they will give me the date for my surgery.

I've got to decide which procedure I want as I've been given a choice of two Rolling Eyes One is where they remove a joint and straighten them out, the other they basically fuse the bones so there's very little chance of them curling over again. I'm thinking the latter is best as the surgeon said my joints are extremely bendy and she feels that's the reason they have bent over in the first place.

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Well at least the decision on whether to have them done together or one at a time has been taken away from you hun. Sounds like the 2nd option may be the way to go? I'm sure all will go fine hun, won't be long and it will all be sorted! Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 10 months ago
My appointment was moved back a week so I went yesterday for my pre-op. My left foot is going to be operated on, on the 25th November, then the pins taken out 4 weeks later...so right before Christmas Shocked

I'm really not looking forward to it. Work made it worse today, they (I'm not sure if unintentionally) made me feel bad for needing the time off. Another lady is needing time off around the same time for her hips replacing, then her knees, so they are panicking a bit. It could be 2 weeks I'm off as I'm not supposed to put any weight on my foot at all at first, then only on my heel until the pins are removed.

candgsmumcandgsmum
I'm really really nervous, and its made me bite off all my finger nails Shocked I have managed not to bite them off for ages, and the other night I sat in bed watching telly and bit them off without realising. I keep having dreams that it doesn't work arg!! and now i have a mouth full of ulcers Sad

I'm wanting it over and done with but also not if you see what i mean LOL. Crazy

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Oh hun, i really feel for you. I would be nervous too, but it won't be long before it is all over and you will have lovely straight toes, that don't give you any grief hun. I hope you will have your mind put at rest a bit at the pre-op. Hug Hug Hug Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews