Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Nappy changing getting tricky!!

VanessaVanessa
posted 9 years 3 months ago
Hi there,

I'd really appreciate any advice you may have here! My son is 15 months old and recently really doesn't want his nappy changing - he tries to twist over and get up whilst on the changing table, which with a nappy with you know what inside could get very messy. So far I've tried distracting him with toys etc, sometimes he's ok with it others he's not. I've bought some pull up nappies incase he wants more independence/freedaom - what do you think?

Looking forward to hearing from you, all the best,

Vanessa

ellee1984ellee1984
my cousin and i both put our daughters in pull ups when they got like that and it seemed to do the trick.

you could do a trial day with the pull ups and normal nappy for bed and see if that solves the problem thats what i done with izzy for the first few months of going onto pull ups and that way you use up all your normal nappies too

welcome to jp by the way i dont think i spoke to you before

candgsmumcandgsmum
I still struggle with my son now and again, but both mine did it and sometimes it did get VERY messy LOL.

Usually I would get my hubby to talk to them or gently hold them down while I sorted the business end or vice versa, but it is difficult when there's no-one around to help. I used to give them their favourite toy and try be as quick as possible, but unfortunately it didn't always seem to work Rolling Eyes

Hope someone can come up with a good solution for you x Smile

glowingsunglowingsun
I used pull-ups with Candra. The biggest sized nappies were getting small on her. I guess your little one is protesting and wants a little independents. You may want to try introducing himto a potty or the toilet. But don't stress over it too much. Have you tried giving him some time to run around without a nappy. Kids love to do that, it might be just what he wants.

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i always changed my kids on my lap so never really had this problem

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I had the same problem with DD. She just wouldn't keep still. I tried distraction with toys, talking to her, even singing but nothing worked for long. I tried the pullups and they did help with puting another one on after but was still a struggle to clean. Rolling Eyes
Recently i have been potty training Lolly and she is getting there now, but because she was already in pullups it was a problem. She thought they were just a normal nappy and would just wee/poo in them. I tried putting her in training pants from boots and mothercare but if she did wee they weren't any better than normal knickers. I have to have her in something when we go out as i can't drive and have to go on the bus so didn't want her to wee all over bus seat. I changed her pull ups to pampers feel and learn and told her they were big girl pants but it must be confusing for her. Although she is getting better now.
I will keep DS in nappies until potty training to avoid this problem next time. Even if it is a pain to change him. Sorry this turned into an epic reply hope i made sense even if i wasn't much help. LOL Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews