Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Immunisation your honest opinion?????

gypseygypsey
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
all mine have had ther e jabs plus they all had chicken pox..your not a bad mother theres to much hype about supposedly side affects..... Crazy

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Both mine have had all the jabs recommended so far and will continue to have any other jabs in the future, including the MMR.
I have to say i agree with sarah on this one, i was really worried, especially with all the talk over mmr but i would never forgive myself if one of mine caught a disease that could have been prevented by a simple injection. This woman sounds completely mad to me? How can she honestly think all her problems stem back to being injected as a child? We don't have a chicken pox vaccine in this country and both have mine have already caught that. They weren't particularly ill with it, but i was really worried as Jake was only 12weeks old when he caught it from Lolly who got it at preschool.
I have to say my DF takes them for the injections as i hate seing them done. I get to be the good guy and cuddle them when it's over. But Jakes last injection he didn't even cry - traumatised? I don't think so! Xx

soupsoup
my sons had everything except his MMR which ive delayed

he had his hib recently (and screamed the place down) and im delaying the MMR to give him a chance to recover from the hib

orc30orc30
All three of mine had their jabs. Frankly I think it would be stupid and irresponsible not to. I can understand after some of the things that got said about the combined MMR treatment that parents were concerned. But for those that are concerned they should have gone and paid for the individual immunisations that I believe can be provided at a cost. It was the combined one that was the worry. My sister had mumps before she got immunised and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, let alone measles which are potentially fatal.

Other than that a bit of calpul or cough syrup fixes everything, unless it needs a plaster, or Jack's favourite a cold compress!!! Don't ask me, I think they used to do it at the nursery.

For me I get the required tetnus shots, and had my immunisations but outside of that the strongest thing I take (and very rarely) is a painkiller (paracetamol or ibuprofen). Anything else will sort itself out.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews