Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Need to loose a couple of extra pounds!

eamesy88eamesy88
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
- My blog

orc30 said:
How is it since VT Shipbuilders closed? The ex's dad used to work there and now travels down to Portsmouth. I thought that they were doing the place up a bit. That said those tower blocks are just horrid. Ex's mum used to live there until she moved to Rochdale.

LMAO Very happy Very happy
are you saying our home is horrid haha, they redone the two parks and put huts along the shore which light up and change colour at night and re-tarmaced the car park thats all lol. but yea the towers are horrible but thats where we are stuck lol

orc30orc30

eamesy88 said:

orc30 said:
How is it since VT Shipbuilders closed? The ex's dad used to work there and now travels down to Portsmouth. I thought that they were doing the place up a bit. That said those tower blocks are just horrid. Ex's mum used to live there until she moved to Rochdale.

LMAO Very happy Very happy
are you saying our home is horrid haha, they redone the two parks and put huts along the shore which light up and change colour at night and re-tarmaced the car park thats all lol. but yea the towers are horrible but thats where we are stuck lol

I did think after I pressed submit, oh Angry I hope they don't live there. That said I haven't known anybody that lives there and likes it. With its tempremental lifts, and the popular shops with steel shutters. I used to live in Thornhill with the ex, so it wasn't that much different. At least you have a sea view!!! Wink

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
It wouldn't be so bad if i was lower down, i never used to mind being on the 8th floor until i had a dream that Crystal learnt how to open the windows. Sad Face
Also i cant handle the buggy against the winds down here sometimes as it gets so strong i used to have to get rich to meet me at the bus stop when i finished college and got crystal from childminders so he cud help me down the hill Sad Face
Also the lifts and shops are a pain, think i wouldnt mind the shops so much if there wasnt a big hill either way you go to get to them haha. where in thornhill did you used to live, they trying to do that up aswel by doing a neighbourhood watch etc and got signs sayin thornhill, making the future bright or something altho the only difference i seen is there a skate park on the big green now but thats all haha, such a bright future, someone wanted to exchange from thornhill to here with me i said no it was right opposite the pub next to the field

orc30orc30
Used to be just behind Jewson's. Wasn't too bad as you could walk out and across the road to the bus stop. We had a first floor flat split across two levels which was okay I suppose. She was living there with the eldest when I met her, I was still at Uni. After about a year I sort of just moved in.

At least with Southampton there is a reasonable choice of places to go out of an evening or during the day. I thought moving away from a big city would calm down spending but it didn't really and just added the expense of having to drive to get there. Moved here primarily because of my job. 18 months later I changed jobs to one where I worked from home when I wasn't out on the road. Been here 6 years tomorrow.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
How far do you have to travel to see your children as that would then depend if you could maybe move to a more socialable area, my brother used to live behind Jewsons but that was abit more recently bout 4/5yrs ago. Jewsons has now been taken down and they are in the process of some plans, work men hey, never happy unless wrecking some place lol

orc30orc30
At the moment they are still in the same town as me, Andover. Less than five minutes in the car and about 20-30 minutes walk away. Hence my reluctance to move at the moment.
I have lived in Southampton, and although one of my best mates lives there I am not sure that I would move back there. At the moment my main thoughts are to move back to South Wales. I have family there, and some friends plus there is a lot more for me to do. I could get back into sailing, go walking or cycling in the hills, go rock climbing and so on. Plus Cardiff is a big city with lots going on for my social life that I so desperately want. But it is a 2 hour drive each way and I have to go across the bridge twice which adds to the expense in seeing the kids.

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
See what you mean and the major move to Wales would mean alot more expense, although if you were to move back to Southampton it wouldnt cost as much but would still cause a difference in travelling to see your children. Its quite a pos/neg sort of things trying to weigh out gd and bad points

RichieRichie
AND a major up for moving to Southampton is you would already have new friends for you to meet! Very happy Very happy

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
CHECK added to positive list hehe[/img]

orc30orc30
Nothing is ruled out yet! But Wales is calling!

eamesy88eamesy88
- My blog
Bit of a trek tho dnt ya think haha, gd luck with what ever yo decide

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews