Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Feeling abit sad

GTTkelGTTkel
posted 9 years 3 months ago
On and off I've been broody but kept talking myself out of it, thinking that 2 kids is a perfect number to have and have one of each etc. Well at the minute I am beyond 'broody', I really really do want another baby and it's all I'm thinking about but my husband totally DOES NOT want another. I've explained to him how I feel and tried to reason with him both about the practicalities and the emotional side of things but he just wants us to get a dog Evil or Very Mad I would never go against his wishes and deliberataley come off the pill without his knowledge as I have so much more respect for our marriage than that but now I'm left feeling really really gutted and abit shocked because I thought he'd want to have another one if it was what I wanted. His main reasons are he doesn't want the stress on us and he doesn't want the sleepless nights (even though it's not forever) he can't see past how he feels. So how do I get through this feeling and come to terms with NO MORE BABIES? Crying

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Awwww hun, as much as I accept that I won't have any more, I can still relate to how you're feeling... Mike and I have decided no more between the two of us but if he wanted have another I would gladly with him. I do get broody too... the thing that I would love to have with some one was the togetherness while being pregnant. I was not with Aaralyn's father the whole time I was pregnant (besides a few sessions of just sex because I was so horny when I was pregs LOL) anyway, I missed on having someone laying in bed next to me and feeling her move around, and that sort of thing... I'd love to have that with Mike...

I think the acceptance part for me just comes because I love Mike more than any other man I've ever been with and with that comes no more children, and I just have come to terms with that pretty good.

I hope you can too hun, it may even take a while but just try to focus on the love you have around you right now and maybe that will help ease the pain as you come to acceptance with it Love

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hug

Martin is pretty much the same as your OH. Although I get a little broody now and again, nothing like the broodiness I had before I fell on with George, but I do worry one day I will get to a point where I will really want another.

I know that with Martin it's very very likely that, unless I become pregnant by accident, I won't be having anymore children. I knew when I was pregnant with George that it would very likely be the last time I would be pregnant, so I tried to enjoy it as much as possible, but also made me sad.

GTTkelGTTkel
Well not long after I put the post up we had another talk. He admitted the main reason he has been worried is because I suffer with depression and anxiety, and lately having been not too bad by my normal standards he didn't want me to get really under it again. But he's now said that if I'm sure I can cope then he would like another, he's even started thinking up names! So I'm coming off the pill and he's been asking now when I will be ovulating. It's such a turn around but we are happy and looking forward to another now, we need to get jiggy Naughty

LucyLucy
good luck Hug

candgsmumcandgsmum
Aw that was good of him to admit the real reason.

best of luck xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

GTTkel said:
Well not long after I put the post up we had another talk. He admitted the main reason he has been worried is because I suffer with depression and anxiety, and lately having been not too bad by my normal standards he didn't want me to get really under it again. But he's now said that if I'm sure I can cope then he would like another, he's even started thinking up names! So I'm coming off the pill and he's been asking now when I will be ovulating. It's such a turn around but we are happy and looking forward to another now, we need to get jiggy Naughty

Cool!! Clapping I'm glad you guys were able to talk about things like that so openly together, see what great communication can do for a relationship!! Very Happy I'm so happy and excited for you guys Kelly!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews