Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Our election year (in the US)

WkdblueWkdblue
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
LOL thank you!

Saw Sarah Palins speach this morning and thought thse came over really well. Shame really she's with McCain as a combination of her and Obama would be dynamite. She came over as someone who knows her stuff, was very familiy orientated and someone who would not back down in a confrontation.

I think that she lost points for her veiled digs at Obama but won them again by mentioning her (gorgeous) wee boy who has Downs Syndrome and saying that she will be an advocate for disabled rights.

She seems a genuinely nice woman who knows her stuff and for her sake I hope that she is on the 'team' for her brains and ability and not just to make McCain look good.

hapydazyhapydazy
I watched the speach last night too... didn't like the little jabs she was taking at Barack either, especially after he told the press to "back off her family" as families shouldn't be fair game in politics. Her family is gorgeous though aren't they? Including hubby Naughty ( Tounge Out tammy!!)

I think she would have made a good running mate for Obama too, however they have some seriously opposing views on some issues...

Will be interesting to see how it all goes down over the next few months..... If McCain gets elected I'm moving outta the country! Crazy can I come to England!!?? although Costa Rica sounds pretty good too Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy
Just an update if anyone is interested at all. The final debate between the 2 presidential nominees (Obama and McCain) was last night and I think my man Barack Obama is really coming out the good guy!! Very happy McCain's campaign has been nothing but saying hateful things about Obama and Obama has been focusing on what our country needs as a president instead of resorting to "hate politics"... he's really pulled ahead in the polls now!!! and deservedly so in my opinion!!

I also found out not to long ago (don't know how I didn't know this before), McCain's son Jack is a midshipman at the Naval Academy where I work! Shocked I had no idea! I can say this, the security around here is going to be serious if McCain is elected President.....

C'mon Barack Obama!!! keep staying ahead!!!! We need this man as our president, not McCain!!!! he's too much a hot head and I've already seen him throw his little temper tantrums during the debates, he seems to not know how to keep cool and collected like Obama does....

Ok, sorry if I've really bored you guys with this. I'm just really into this election this year as a mother of a 5 year old, her future is going to have alot of impact from this presidential election and I'm taking it very seriously!

WkdblueWkdblue
I only caught bits of this on our news. What did come over was the fact that no matter how much McCain tried, Obama remained calm and managed to get his point accross without resorting to insults.

On an aside, could they all please, and especially McCain and Palin, please stop with the "Joe this and Betty that" stuff. It's patronising and if I were an American voter I know it would put me off voting for them.

Loving the Saturday Night Live take offs of them all, especially clueless Palin. WFT was she on during her dabate with Byden? Should McCain win in all probability she will become the first female president so coe on woman, show a bit of dignaty and stop wit the winking and blowing kisses during debates. Does she seriously think she'll get away with that at the G8 meetings or when meeting with Heads of State? Look at the Queen or even Angela Merkel the German Chancellor, you don't see them winking and blowing kisses. Instead they carrythemselves with the dignity expected of someone in their position.

hapydazyhapydazy
Oh I'm loving the Saturday Night Live spoofs too!!! I think Sarah Palin's real purpose in life is to be impersonated by Tina Fey! She does her soooooo well!! Very happy

I can't imagine Sarah Palin being respected world wide as a strong world leader when she's still saying her stupid soccer mom/pitbull joke either! I can not imagine this woman as president and I really hope the larger majority of America will agree with that!

All the "Joe" stuff is kind of getting played up now isn't it?... turns out "Joe Plumber" owes alot in back taxes and doesn't even have his plumbing liscense Wink I'm thinkin he's kickin himself right now! and I don't think he's going to get the prime add spot during the Super Bowl now either....

Ahhhh.... only a few more weeks of this and we will all know if we are doomed or not......

Any Americans out there that might happen to read this.... Please go and vote on November 4th!!! No matter who you are voting for just vote!! (vote for Obama!!! pleeeeze!!!) Halo

WkdblueWkdblue

Wkdblue said:
LOL thank you!

Saw Sarah Palins speach this morning and thought thse came over really well. Shame really she's with McCain as a combination of her and Obama would be dynamite. She came over as someone who knows her stuff, was very familiy orientated and someone who would not back down in a confrontation.

I think that she lost points for her veiled digs at Obama but won them again by mentioning her (gorgeous) wee boy who has Downs Syndrome and saying that she will be an advocate for disabled rights.

She seems a genuinely nice woman who knows her stuff and for her sake I hope that she is on the 'team' for her brains and ability and not just to make McCain look good.

Since I posted this I have totally revised my opinion of this individual. Thankfully McCain got totally hammers in the polls and now her only chance of getting into the White House is by paying for one of the tours!

I am so glad that America finally woke up and realised that voting for McCain would be another 4 years of what would essentially be George Bush just a bit older and balder.

I saw both speaches this morning and McCain came over with toal humility and genuine respect for Obama. Obama came over and very humble and thankfully played down the race card. I hope that the UK and Us can now work to totally rebuild the respect we once had for each other and that Obama will realise that we are not there to provide him with gun fodder unlike his predecessor.

Well done America, you wanted change, you got change...just don't mess it up! Very happy Very happy Very happy

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews