Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

can prolactinoma be cured another way?

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 9 years 7 months ago
If anybody is going through this, is there a more natural way to get rid if the cyst rather then taking expensive pills like bromocryptine?

glowingsunglowingsun
Anybody?..........Anybody else have prolactinoma? If you don't know what it is, it's condition that starts with benign tumor that slowly grows in your pituatary gland inside your head. The gland controls the amount of prolactin your body should have. Basically its the pregnancy hormone. So because of this cyst I get no periods and breast milk without having to be pregnant. I've had it since my early teens. You got to go for monthly blood tests and yearly eye tests that are long and painfully tedious. and then you gotta go for C.T scans where they inject hot dye into your body which makes you feel like your about to spontaneously combust and leaves a metal taste in the back of your throat

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I've never heard of it but it sure doesn't sound fun! I hope you find some answers to help you.

Strangely, after 5 years of being done with breastfeeding, my right breast still lactates occasionally... I had the fluid checked (sounds like a check up on a car LOL) and a test done to make sure it wasn't something serious, they just said it was breast milk Shrug I do get my periods though... got the PMS to prove it right now! Rolling Eyes

glowingsunglowingsun
Prolactinoma is apparently common. But I guess there is so much use of birth control, and the lack of periods that accomany the pills might camoflage the symptoms in the girls who have it and just don't know it.
Watch for strange headaches and obstructed eye sight, that is a sign that it is at its severest. But some girls, like me, don't get those symptoms so it's a good ida to inquire about it. Talk to your local Onocolagist ( who also specialize in diabetese).

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews