Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Is Candra overly social?

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
Candra talks to everyone she feels comfortable with. She used to talk to strangers until I told her the dangers of strangers. So, now she only talks to other kids. My concern is that when she's older or even more sooner she'll end up on Unsolved Mysteries. Aren't the popular, social people usuallly the ones that disappear? Or am I just being paranoid?

LucyLucy
i think you worry too much.

Shes a sociable person, dont discourage it, you might need to just keep an eye on it but dont knock a friendly child

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I think you're being a bit paranoid but I can understand it to a point too.... My daughter is very social and wants to hug every person she makes eye contact with (I'm not kidding!) but she knows she can't do that. I've had many talks with her about strangers and bad people and what to do and what not to do. She is allowed and does say hi to ever person she sees, that's ok but she knows hugs and kisses are only for those who know and care about her (including her classmates but only if they want a hug LOL).

With out sounding too vain, she is also a very beautiful child, as all of our children are, but her beauty scares me sometimes that some one would want to hurt her or take her away from me because of it.... but, I can't have her be afraid of all people either.

There's a fine line but you can't live your life in worry either No

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
I think you're being a bit paranoid but I can understand it to a point too.... My daughter is very social and wants to hug every person she makes eye contact with (I'm not kidding!) but she knows she can't do that. I've had many talks with her about strangers and bad people and what to do and what not to do. She is allowed and does say hi to ever person she sees, that's ok but she knows hugs and kisses are only for those who know and care about her (including her classmates but only if they want a hug LOL).

With out sounding too vain, she is also a very beautiful child, as all of our children are, but her beauty scares me sometimes that some one would want to hurt her or take her away from me because of it.... but, I can't have her be afraid of all people either.

There's a fine line but you can't live your life in worry either No

you are a wise bird Tam! Love

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews