Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

when your sick...

stephaniestephanie
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Ugh, i've been really sick twice in this month and i'm really trying to be carefull not to give it to my son.. so tonight he's sleeping at his grandmother's place cus i'm feeling really dead. When he was about 3 months (almost 4 months) he spent 6 days in the hospital on a respirator due to a brochitis(is it spelled that way?) not moving, no smiles.. nothing. And usualy my baby's is hyperactive and full of life. I spent all those 6 days, day and night at the hospital with him and i saw him suffer really badly. Ever since im traumatized with him getting sick.

So all you moms.. what do YOU do when ur sick and u have a newborn/kids at home? How do you handle them not getting it and you being dead tired and having them running around screaming and crying?

I need advice cus tomorow he's coming back home and im still very sick and tired. Sad Face

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
what is it that you have that's making you feel so sick????

As for what i do when im ill, i do nothing at all, all children have to be exposed to illness' and infections its the only way their immune system gets stronger.

I know you feel you have to protect him because of what happened in the past - beleive me i know what you went through, all my babies have been in intensive care, and been hospitalised since they were born, my eldest has the same as your son, and my youngest was on a ventilator/respirator.......its a very traumatic thing, but you CAN'T let this colour how you are with your son from now on.

Once he goes to school there is nothing at all you can do to stop him from getting ill, and worrying will make you ill, so i would advise that you deal with this fear sooner rather than later.

Children get ill all the time, and they need to, and we all worry when they are ill, especially if its particularly bad, or they have a high temperature, but its something THEY have to go through.

As for how to cope when im ill and they arn't, well its just a case of resting as much as you can, forgetting the housework, making the easiest meals, and maybe putting on a couple of extra DVDs or tv programmes if they will sit and watch them.......to get a bit of peace......don't beat yourself up if you have to do stuff like that to get peace, once your better things go back to normal, but while you're ill, anything for a quiet life.

stephaniestephanie
yea, WitchyPoo.. everyone tells me the exact same thing (except my husband he wants me to wear masks around the baby! what!!) but i swear i'll feel so guilty if he catches it from me. But i guess i have no choice huh?

I have a really bad cold.. i can barely talk i can barely breathe and my head is like.. someone is kicking it. Sad Face

I pray he dosnt get it. Heres hoping!

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
I can't believe your hubby wants you to wear a mark around your son!!!!!

And why feel guilty about him catching it from you, its one of those *things* that goes on in life and you can't do anything about it.......you can't avoid illness in life, and after all it is only a cold, he's got to get one some day.

sugarsugar Moderator
Put it this way hun if ur child isnt let to go around ppl and build up thier immune system they will be worse for it as they will get the colds, etc wrose when they are older! u never know ur LO may have a very strong immune system as it is - some children naturally have a strong immune system! DD never caught a cold til she was well over 2 yrs old and has never picked up chicken pox when it goes roudn - but DD started nursery at 6 mths old and was around these things all the time which i feel helped build up her immune systm!

WitchyPooWitchyPoo
oh and i forgot to say, just because your cold is a bad one, doesn't mean that he will get it as bad as you, he could just get a runny nose or have a temp for 24 hours and thats that........you need to relax about all this hon seriously.

My daughter is blind and has a hole in heart, i can't and won't worry about her all the time, if she's tiring herself, if she is going to bump into something (which she does LOL) she has to live a normal life in the real world and that means dealing with crap that goes with it.

Have you or your hubby ever had a chance to talk to someone about what happened when your son was ill? It sounds like you both had it very hard and its affecting the way you are with him, and even eachother.

FfionFfion
- My blog
when im sick i also pray that my son dosnt get it, he is a sick lil boy all the time, allwasy got a cough or cold or is being sick!

but has everyone else says in a way he needs to get sick so his body can fight it and get his imune system better!

hope your better sono hun! Kiss

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews