Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

kids movies, adult humor

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 1 decade 3 weeks ago
How many parents feel that alot of kids movies are getting a little too adult? Even in some scenes.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I agree, there are a lot of adult inuendos and underlying adult humor in kids movies these days! I think before a certain age it's ok because the little kids don't understand it either, and can make for a little more entertainment for the parents taking their kids to see the movie (however I love a good clean kids movie too!)... It's when it crosses the line occasionally and you have to explain something to your 4/5 year old that you normally wouldn't have had to otherwise Rolling Eyes

LucyLucy
aw but those sort of things are for the adults to appreciate and the kids let it go over their heads

candgsmumcandgsmum
Oh I used to love Dick and Dom in da Bungalow for its adult humour...although I think that was one of the reasons it was cancelled LOL!

I must admit adult humour in kids TV makes me enjoy it a little more Embarassed

I don't think I've ever had to explain anything as yet to Lots, we'll see how long for though LOL.

ElementaryElementary
Doesn't worry me as it tends to go over their heads
Besides don't a lot of kids watch Eastenders now Shrug I find that more inappropriate - Sunday afternoons Confused

kristagkristag
I don't think it's an issue with specific kids movies as I agree a lot of the humour goes over their heads.

One of the biggest problems is radio. We listen to it a lot in the car (as many of us do) and I find that news items are the hardest. Just recently I had to explain to Jas what a paedophile was as they kept on about this with the Gary Glitter deportation Frustrated

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
I believe it is important as i'm sure we all do to monitor what your children see on telivision/film etc. As has already been mentioned, even soaps like eastenders can be inapropriate for littluns. However i also feel that the 'adult'humour in kids tv is ok so long as it goes over the kids heads (it relieves the bordom for the parents) most of the jokes/humourous situations i've seen seem to have dual meaning. The children enjoy it in their innocent way and the adults can have a laugh at some hidden meanings? Xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews