Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

people assume me a breeder

glowingsunglowingsun
posted 1 decade 3 weeks ago
I am a mid 20's mom. I have a 6 year old daughter. 1. Just 1.
But everytime someone comes up to me they ask not " how old is your daughter?" they ask " how old are your kids"?
I look around me. ........ What kids? I don't see no other kids.
or they ask Candra "do you have any brothers or sisters"? Like, geez! "Nooo, I choose one kid to take with me and leave the rest home to fend for themselves" I'll say sarcastically. "Of course she doesn't.

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
I once had an old school firend as me if my daughter (then a baby in a pram) was mine. I said, 'No, I just nicked her from outside a shop.'

'Really?!' She squealed.

When I had my second daughter with my husband people would always ask him if the baby was his when he was pushing the pram. As if he was just pushing some random baby about.

LucyLucy
i once remember taking Gemma into the post office, she was dressed in a pink dress, with a pink dummy and pink socks and shoes, so the woman in the queue in front of me said, aw what sweet baby, is it biy or girl?

SHES IN PINK STUPID!

Moon

glowingsunglowingsun
that also reminds me of when Candra was in a dress and an old man said "what a cute son you have".

LucyLucy

glowingsun said:
that also reminds me of when Candra was in a dress and an old man said "what a cute son you have".

honstly i think he needed new specs! Bad!

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
We once bumped into some of DH's extended family. When we told then what the baby's name was they said.

'Amy, what a nice normal name. People have a habit of using silly names these days like Anastasia.'

Thing is my eldest's name is Anastasia.

LucyLucy

SeaThreePeeO said:
We once bumped into some of DH's extended family. When we told then what the baby's name was they said.

'Amy, what a nice normal name. People have a habit of using silly names these days like Anastasia.'

Thing is my eldest's name is Anastasia.

i sometimes wonder if people engage their brain b4 opening their gobs!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

Lucy said:
i once remember taking Gemma into the post office, she was dressed in a pink dress, with a pink dummy and pink socks and shoes, so the woman in the queue in front of me said, aw what sweet baby, is it biy or girl?

SHES IN PINK STUPID!

Moon

LOL, that same exact thing happened with me and Aaralyn when she was an infant but it was a flowery dress she was wearing and a pink velcro bow in her hair... a very elderly lady said, oh he's adorable, how old is he... I replied that she was about 5 months old... she was up there in age so I gave her the benefit of the doubt Rolling Eyes

I do have people asking me if Aaralyn has brothers or sisters and when I say no they say oh do you plan on giving her one... I say, only if her father has more with his girlfriend because I won't be having any more and then I usually get an "oh Neutral along with a blank stare... it is ok to just have one!

candgsmumcandgsmum
I've found because I've had my two young, they think I'm going for the 5 a side!

I've also had, I suppose it's OK because you've had a boy and a girl...umm it wouldn't make a tot of difference to me what sex they were, I haven't stopped having children just because I've had one of each Rolling Eyes

Everyone used to think Charlotte was a boy, I once had her in a denim dress (but also pink shoes and t-shirt) and two ladies in Morrisons said to mart what a lovely little boy we had, mart just replied with, he is a she LOL.

Only once has anyone said George was a girl, we were out on a day trip and he was screaming in the pram when a lady said 'Oh a little lady isn't happy is she?' me and mart laughed so much Embarassed

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews