Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Been married 6 months and I want out!

CarolSCarolS
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Advice please
We have been together just over 5 years & got married in Sept,it all went well, shortly after he had an accident at work and he has been off ever since.
He has become ever so grumpy and I'm beginning to wonder if I did the wrong thing! We argue most of the time & I can't even remember the last time we had sex! Do I hang in there or just walk away?

bunnigirlbunnigirl
wel hunni it depends how much u love him wether u think it would be worth sticking it out babe what was the accident if u dont mind me asking and does it make him un bale to work forever maybe u just spending too much time together at the mo and i am guessing he is feeling frustrated at being unable to provide for u i would talk to him hun if u havent already and see what help u can get there is people out there trained to deal with this hunni
i might not have been much help but i ope i have been some
my marrige disolved after 3 months hun and it was terrible but things will be ok hunni and i am here if u need me ok
hope all gets better for u soon
thinking of u
xxxxx

CarolSCarolS
Thanks Kiss he should be going back to work shortly, he damaged his ankle so is in alot of pain. I am finding myself alot of things to do out of the house, I really do hope when he returns to work things ease up a little with the moods.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
they will hun me and my fella argue all the time if we r together all the time u just need a break from each other thats all and remember i am here if u need me
xxx

GTTkelGTTkel
Years ago my hubby (we weren't married then)was signed off work for several months and it tore our relationship apart at the time. We went through such a bad time we split up,I moved out,we called off our wedding,were in such a mess. We managed to sort it out in the end but at the time we really thought that was it the end of the relationship and that it wasn't fixable. But all the stress was down to him being off work. Sometimes you need to let go of someone to know you want them back Kiss

LillypeeLillypee
Personally I think ur Being a little selfish.
Ur Husbands Confidence may have been knocked down cus of the accident, U both need to sit down and have a talk about everything Problems and all,

maybe in a way he is a shamed,

Talk to him

CarolSCarolS
I don't think I am being selfish asking him to be a reasonable person for the whole family to live with!!
I expected him to be slightly moody but he has taken it to the extreme.
He went back to work and is still the same towards us all, if we leave him alone and I don't ask him to help in anyway then everything is fine.
I have tried to talk to him on many occasions and he is not interested.

henhealthhenhealth
- My blog
Once he gets back to his job I'm sure it will make a world of difference. My husband and I met eachother at work. It was great at first cause we didn't really see much of eachother at work cause the place had over 150 people there and we were on oppostie parts of the building. However, shortly before we got engaged I got a promotion and moved upstairs in the offices and they put me back to back with him. That was terrible!! We knew exactly how eachother's day went (good or bad) and it was not healthy for our relationship either! It stayed like that until about 2 months after we were married and I told me boss if he didn't change it I was going to go back to my previous position. It changed within that week and ever since then it been amazing!! As much as we love our partners it is never healthy to be with them 24/7. Every once needs their breather space. Hope it all works out well soon!!

DanielleDanielle
My father had an accident at work years ago. Prior to this, he was a great guy. Afterwards, he was grumpy, down and shouted at us - Made the rest of my teens a nightmare.

When I look back on it, I understand. He felt useless and didn't know how to cope with it - He had always worked and all of sudden that was snatched away, he felt frustrated - And the most prominent, he was in a great deal of pain!

My Mum raised all of us because he was unable to, and the key was communication.

I understand him now, and we get on alot better.

Danielle x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews