Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

My baby is no longer ana baby. Big bed time.

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
posted 9 years 9 months ago
Now I am firmly of the opinion that children should be shoehorned into their cot for as long as humanly possible or until they learn to escape.

At 2 I thought we still had a fair while before we transferred Amy from the cot to a big girls bed. That was until my DH phoned me in the middle of town to announce that he had purchased a bed plus mattress for Amy and it was being delivered that afternoon.

Que me rushing to get home before the bed and forgetting 99% of the stuff I went into town for in the first place. We remembered the balloon animal tiger that the clowns were selling in the street today. Most important thing I think you'll understand.

I get home and five minutes later two men man handle a ready-made up bed into my hallway where they refused to take it upstairs and told me I would have to dismantle it and do it myself. I really didn't fit in the hallway so at the risk of eyes being gouged out it had to move.

Several sweaty hours, scratched walls and swear words later I manage to get the bed upstairs and reassembled in Amy's room. After having dismantled the cot.

It looks odd and Amy's room is now teeny tiny. I had to rearrange the furniture to fit it in. Oh and on a positive note Amy has learnt to say 'Oh c**p!'

DH is so set on seeing Amy's next 'first' (something I admit I did when Ana when she was a baby) that I feel he's wishing away her baby/toddlerhood. Crying

LihraLihra
Alisa moved into her bed at 18mnths more due to the fact i was pregnant and wanted her cot..

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww bless. we have just moved lolly into her first 'proper' bed and she looks so tiny in it. It is always sad when they move on to a new stage. Exciting to though. But i know just how you feel. I would keep them babies for ever if i could LOL. As for the Oh c**p it could have been much worse hun! Scared hehe

LucyLucy
i feel your pain, Gemma was in a bed at 18 months and i w=hgad 2 kids in the same room as we only had a 2 bedroomed house, i hope she makes the transition well

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
I have the feeling we or more correctly I will not be getting any sleep tonight. We have a Christening to go to tomorrow as well. At least the bags under my eyes with match my black blouse!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Aaralyn was in a crib beyond age 2, she never tried to climb out so I figured why not.... I think she was about 2 yrs 1 month-ish when I moved her to her big girl bed... she fell out alot Rolling Eyes but it was low so she was always ok and I put pillows on the floor next to her bed for a little while (or sometimes a pile of stuffed animals Thumbs Up )

I hope Ana adjusts well and loves her new bed... and LOL at the OH Cr*P tee heee

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
Would you believe the little stinker was out like a light. No trouble tonight, but it won't be long before she realises she can get out of bed No

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
If she likes her sleep you may find you don't have as much fuss as you think hun. i was expecting to be up and down all night with lolly when we changed her over but she just got in and went to sleep. Clapping Been in it a few weeks now and even though she can get in and out she still just goes to sleep in it? As long as i have folowed her normal bedtime routine that is! Xx

candgsmumcandgsmum
George was about 13 months when I put him in his own bed, when he started to walk. But mainly because he would rock the cot so violently he would nearly have it over and I felt it safer for him out of it. He did have a regression back to a travel cot for about 4 months because he still didn't sleep through...or go out like a light Sad and would get out, and proceed to bang his head against the floor or the door to get out Cuckoo

As he got better at sleeping he went back into his bed and loves it now...hurah!!

Hope she still sleeps well for you, and you are fresh as a daisy for the christening this morning Smile

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
charly went into a junior bed at about 13months but a month ago we got her a single bed. as she thinks shes so much older and will only sleep in a proper bed LOL

AlexAlex Moderator
bless her. How did she find sleeping in it?

Joseph was in his bed at 13mths because I found him climbling out his cot (only thing he ever tried to climb) and I decided that he wouldnt have as far to fall from his bed than he did from the cot. He took to it straight away and by 3 years was sleeping in the top bunk!

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
Well, she didn't magically start sleeping through the night as I had hoped. Still at least she says in her bed.

However we have hit a snag with her afternoon nap, she no longer feels the need to stay in bed then Crying

LucyLucy

SeaThreePeeO said:
Would you believe the little stinker was out like a light. No trouble tonight, but it won't be long before she realises she can get out of bed No

have you tried a bedrail? she cant fall out and if you get one that goes the length of the bed, then it might discourage her to get out

SeaThreePeeOSeaThreePeeO
Amy's going through a stage of climbing everything and anything, so we decided it was safer not to have the bedrail.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews