Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Sleeping less and less but so tired!

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 5 months ago
I'm at 31 1/2 weeks now and finding I'm getting less and less good sleep but am permanently shattered. Yesterday I had rotten tummy ache in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. I wondered if little one was closer than we thought!!

I do remember being tired with Jas but not this bad. I try and sleep a little during the day but I can't get settled. It seems to take me ages to get comfortable (have a nice pregnancy 'sausage' pillow too) but soon as I do, I either need a wee or little one starts to kick.

Anyone else suffering with real tiredness or any experiences of being this tired and babe coming early?

I am expecting little one to be born early as the consultant is pretty sure she will be as Jas was at 34 weeks. I'm just wondering how soon? Shocked

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I was really really tired toward the end and slept barely at all... as soon as I'd get semi comfortable back in bed, I had to get up and pee again LOL. I was taking care of my friends 2 little boys during the day at that point and working at night, so I would try to catch little cat naps in the afternoon while the boys were sleeping....and even then I never really settled into a good comfortable sleep.

Aaralyn was early too, but because of a pregnancy related liver disorder... I know you've said before but why was Jas delivered early?

I hope you get some good solid sleep soon hun, before the baby comes cuz ya know you won't be sleeping very well for a little bit after that! Rolling Eyes

Hug

kristagkristag

hapydazy said:
Aaralyn was early too, but because of a pregnancy related liver disorder... I know you've said before but why was Jas delivered early?

They have no idea hon. No problems or issues at all with her. Everything was perfectly normal and then she was there. I went into labour naturally and she was born in 3hrs 20 mins. She was in special care for a week just to ensure all was well and then we took her home.

I think that's what's confusing for the consultant. It isn't like I had a urine infection, pre eclampsia, or any such issues. So there is nothing I can look out for this time!

I have asked for 2 weekly checks with the midwife although they prefer to leave a far bigger gap with 2nd children - it was about 6 weeks from 28-34 but I said no, I would prefer (even if they can't tell me anything really) to be checked bi-weekly to make me feel more relaxed and they agreed.

I'll keep you posted! Thumbs Up

angelsmomangelsmom
dont if this will be good or bad info. my friends frist lil boy came at 31weeks, they couldnt find any reason for this at all.

her second lil boy was a week over due, she even had him at home.

hannah81hannah81
I was so tired in the third trimester, I decided towards the end that getting dressed was probably too much effort but sleep was sadly non existent, I worked up until 39 weeks and at night I just sat up with indigestion trying to burp whilst experiencing the joy of being violently assaulted in the kidneys by my little 'bundle of joy'. You are probably more tired this time round as you already have Jas to run around after on top of everything else. Plus you are probably worried that this one will come early which in turn doesn't help you relax and nod off. Lot's of lovely warn lavender baths are my only helpful suggestion I'm afraid x

AlexAlex Moderator
I never had any problem sleeping Embarassed I slept in the morning, after lunch and all night!!!! Very Happy But I also worked up until I was 37 weeks doing irreqular hours, sometimes I would be on the go by 8am and other days I would still be working at 10.30 at night so I think that helped.

I know someone who went early with No1 (35weeks) and then No2 was on time on his date. Hope baby stays where it is for a while longer.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews