Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

littlun growth??????

catswinniecatswinnie
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hi Girls and guys

Visited MW yesterday and they have voiced concerns that my littlun has not grown since my last visit? now want me to see my consultant on Friday and may have to be induced. Has anyone had this happen to them? bit gutted as everything been going well upto this point. i only have five weeks left to go now though so not too concerned Confused

zebedeezebedee
They said this to me at 35 weeks with my first baby. Went for new scan two days later and he had piled on the weight. They think it was because he had turned and moved down.

hannah81hannah81
They also said this to me and they voiced concerns that Dax was going to have low birthweight even when I was 39 weeks, he was born weighing 7lbs12oz-not bad at all! Sometimes positions of the baby when they are measuring does affect the result and ultrasound scans at that stage are often widely inaccurate as they can't get a picture of the whole baby very easily. Don't worry until you have seen the consultant as stress certainly won't help you, easier said than done though I know xx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi hun, i agree with hannah81 please try not to worry too much yet. Same happened with me. They were worried all the way through as i was measuring small for dates and then i had a period where bump didn't get any bigger for 3weeks. I think they were more concerned as when i was carrying my DD she always measured big for dates and they were expecting the same this time. Jake was born weighing 7lb 10oz and perfectly healthy. He was slightly smaller than his sister had been at 8lb 8.5oz, but according to my grandad the boys in our family are always born smaller than the girls for some reason? They stay smaller untill around school age and then start to catch up. Jake is still slightly smaller than average (9th centile) but is certainly healthy. I also agree the scans vary wildly. My friend was told she was having another huge baby (had to have c-section with first due to size) and recommended another section at 38weeks, her daughter was born weighing 5lb5oz and was tiny, bless! Xx

catswinniecatswinnie
Thanks girls, i was more concerned as he has always measured big for his dates at previous appointments, but at 32 week appointment MW had said he had moved down so that is probably why they cant get an accurate measurement this time, i am at MW with my sister today who is also pregnant (we are 5 weeks appart) so i may be cheeky and ask them to measure me again LOL. Thanks for all your comments it has made me feel a lot better about the whole thing (just a panicky first timer!) Very Happy Very Happy Thumbs Up

AlexAlex Moderator
I was sent to the consultant at 40+5 as the trace I had the MW thought I had either a high base line or baby was distressed. When I arrived I was put on a CTG and checked out and then sent for a scan. The consultant came to me and said they werent going to wait to induce me on the Monday like was supposed to be (41+2) and they were going to do my the following day as baby was on the small side. Thats all I was told and the same consultant had told me at my previous appointments with him I would have an average sized baby. Any was Joseph was 6lb 11 1/2 oz. Not as small as they had let me to think he would be.

I would ask the MW to check you again at your sisters appointment. My friend and I were 8weeks apart and we went to most of our appointment together and were both checked out each time!!! Very Happy

Try not to worry

gypseygypsey
had this with my ollie first they said he had stopped growing then he had shrunk...was monitored till i had him bang on dates weighing 5lb 80z and they said he was small Sad but he is nearly 6 ft tall i wouldnyt worry to much

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

gypsey said:
had this with my ollie first they said he had stopped growing then he had shrunk...was monitored till i had him bang on dates weighing 5lb 80z and they said he was small Sad but he is nearly 6 ft tall i wouldnyt worry to much

My Dr kept scaring me and telling me it appeared that I was going to have a big baby... she was born at about 34 weeks and she was only 4lbs 1oz so I don't think she would have really been that big after all even full term... (and nope, I didn't smoke anything, so that was defo not a cause for what probably would have been a lower than average birth weigh if she'd gone full term)

I think sometimes the Dr's can be off, as you said they probably weren't able to get accurate measurements... Good luck hun! Hug

catswinniecatswinnie
Hi

Had my growth scan yesterday and all is fine (kept me worrying for a few weeks though) Here is a piccy of my scan, if it works!

LucyLucy
aw thats lovely,

gypseygypsey
Thumbs Up aw wow thats a great strong little one in there xx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Yay Thumbs Up So pleased all was fine hun. Great piccy too! It is so strange after they are born looking at those scan pictures and knowing who it was that was in there! Xx

heather08heather08
YAY, what a lovely scan pic! Thumbs Up

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews