Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Im not sure i like this phase!

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Tom arrived home with every other nail painted black!

Someone please tell me this will pass and hell be "normal"!

He says he did it for a bet he was bet a tenner that he couldnt keep it till the end of the week.

Erm, Chris wasnt happy and demanded he remove it straightaway! Oops couldnt find the nail varnish remover, guess its staying!!!

When will it be over? Cuckoo


hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Ha, when will it be over? Never teee heeee.... when he gets bored with black nail polish it'll be something else then. I think to a point it's just best to let them express themselves that way and exert their independence rather than he rebel, then it could be worse.

C'mon ma! it's an emo thing you know! Rolling Eyes

Hug 's to ya, you'll get through it!

and BTW, I can see your siggie pic now, I love it!

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Well I knocked about with a few lads who painted their nails black...and erm some pink/red etc, when I was about 15ish and I know some didn't grow out of it, but most now have jobs and wear a suit/workwear 9-5 and i know one was in the army for a while, so that phase passed.

I wouldn't worry too much especially if it was a bet. Like Tammy said, it's kind of an emo thing. Smile I think it is a lot more accpted now for a lad to wear a bit of nail varnish or eyeliner.

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

hapydazy said:
Ha, when will it be over? Never teee heeee.... when he gets bored with black nail polish it'll be something else then. I think to a point it's just best to let them express themselves that way and exert their independence rather than he rebel, then it could be worse.

C'mon ma! it's an emo thing you know! Rolling Eyes

Hug 's to ya, you'll get through it!

and BTW, I can see your siggie pic now, I love it!


aw thanks, i had a new one made!

and yes its ok to express yourself, just chris didnt see it that way, we are still fighting the eyebrow peircing, but hes announced he wants a tattoo, if its a little one im not to worried but not till hes 18

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

candgsmum said:
Well I knocked about with a few lads who painted their nails black...and erm some pink/red etc, when I was about 15ish and I know some didn't grow out of it, but most now have jobs and wear a suit/workwear 9-5 and i know one was in the army for a while, so that phase passed.

I wouldn't worry too much especially if it was a bet. Like Tammy said, it's kind of an emo thing. Smile I think it is a lot more accpted now for a lad to wear a bit of nail varnish or eyeliner.


bless, well as long as its just a phase kwim? Naughty

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
all the lads are doing it. It is cool and so is wearing mascarra- very metrosexual Very Happy (the man bag will be next Lucy)

Im sure it is a phase though and will pass.

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

Alex said:
all the lads are doing it. It is cool and so is wearing mascarra- very metrosexual Very Happy (the man bag will be next Lucy)

Im sure it is a phase though and will pass.


oh dont get me started on the man bag!!!! he seen the one he wants!

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

Lucy said:

Alex said:
all the lads are doing it. It is cool and so is wearing mascarra- very metrosexual Very Happy (the man bag will be next Lucy)

Im sure it is a phase though and will pass.


oh dont get me started on the man bag!!!! he seen the one he wants!


LOL Very Happy (Im trying hard not to laugh Very Happy - sorry Lucy)

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

Alex said:

Lucy said:

Alex said:
all the lads are doing it. It is cool and so is wearing mascarra- very metrosexual Very Happy (the man bag will be next Lucy)

Im sure it is a phase though and will pass.


oh dont get me started on the man bag!!!! he seen the one he wants!


LOL Very Happy (Im trying hard not to laugh Very Happy - sorry Lucy)


i can see you wetting yourself as we speak! Whistling

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Aww sorry lucy, it must be a bit off putiing foryou to say the least. However, i used to be a youth worker and we had loads and loads of lads like your son (and a lot more extreme) there. Most of them did it just to get a reaction. Almost like a toddler, some atention is better than none, even if it's bad. The ones that were serious were in the main lovely lads and tbh expressing themselves this way seemed to help them be able to express their feeling much more openly. However as your son did it for a bet i suspect if you try and ignore it or just say:- 'nice nails son, where did you get it from? I'd like to borrow it if you don't mind? May have the desired effect of getting him to stop. Who wants to wear stuff their parents are into when they are a teen? LOL Good luck Xx

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Lucy I found these and I couldnt resist





Razz

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
Hehe the man bags are ace Razz

Mart had a bag for college and I called it his man bag LOL Very Happy

staceybstaceyb
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
- My blog
aqwwwwwww bless him. im sure it will pass. these things usually are just fads. the 'emo' thing. i quite like it myself. im a big 'my chemical romance' fan. very cool hehehe. not sure bout the bags though LOL


hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 1 decade 2 months ago

staceyb said:
aqwwwwwww bless him. im sure it will pass. these things usually are just fads. the 'emo' thing. i quite like it myself. im a big 'my chemical romance' fan. very cool hehehe. not sure bout the bags though LOL



"When I was a young boy my father took me into the city to see a marching band"...... I LOVE the song the Black Parade by them!! The lyrics are really good if you listen to them all....

I wonder what kind of fads and styles there will be by the time some of our LO's are bigger?? Aaralyn is already asking if she can have pink streaks in her hair (big influence from Amber) I said some washable streaks are ok but Amber wanted to bleach pieces of Aaralyn's hair and then put the other color over top, I said no way, nothing permanant in her hair at her age... guess I was being a b***c when I said that Rolling Eyes

LucyLucy
posted 1 decade 2 months ago
he used to like MCR until my 44 yr old sister announced she and her husband like them!!!

Love the man bags, he seen one in Top shop he will use it for school, and its uber trnedy!!!

Im really not that worried about the nails, just a little shocked, he scraped it off now, but we are still struggling with the haircut!

i think hes after the old 80s Duran Duran Look with skinny jeans,m scarf and punked hair, hes gor this muppet shirt with Animal on it, its retro and looks old, i like it, so we are sort of getting from one fashion statement to another, oh and musnt forget the Vans pumps too.

We are talking tattoos, that can wait!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search forums

Latest Reviews