Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Nursery snack help

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 4 months ago
HELP!!! What do your kids have and like for snack at nursery/playgroup?

I knew in my new job I would have to take my turn at doing snack but thought we would work out the menu together as a nursery but no I do my own menu. I know what Joseph has had and likes but I would like to try new things and get away from toast, yoghurts etc.

I will have 45-50 kids to make snack for each session so I need easy to prepare things aswell.

gypseygypsey
talia had crackers /cheese/butter/jam
peice of fruit
breadsticks
mini pizza
toast
biscuits
water/or milk

LihraLihra
pieces of fruit always works well and is quick to make and i always had that at nursery...

Also maybe try raisons and yogurt mixed sounds gross but very nice or in really hot weather chunks of banana's frozen. or jelly is nice but a bit messy.

AlexAlex Moderator
They get a piece of fruit and milk/water everyday aswell as something else- which is what Im looking for new ideas for.

GTTkelGTTkel
Ritz crackers
Scones
Hot cross buns
Mini savoury egg balls
Rice pudding
Jam tarts
Pitta breads

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Pitta bread with dips
yougurt or fromage frais
toast
breadsticks/crackers
flapjacks
crumpets
teacakes
my LO loves popcorn too. I just buy the corn kernels and do it myself for a healthy snack as then there isn't any added sugar or salt! xx

ZionsRodeVosZionsRodeVos
Pretzels
Carrot sticks
Sliced Cucumber
Oat meal cookies (with or without raisins)
Cup cakes
Ice cream
Fried plantains

AlexAlex Moderator
I like some of these ideas keep them coming guys
Thumbs Up

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte only usually had fruit at nursery, and they always had apple in just for her LOL, because she's not a fan of other fruits.

Snacks my two have at home are raisins, grapes, school bars, cucumber (unfortunately they aren't great lovers of veg), George loves crackers and a slice of cheese, yoghurt, apples and george will eat any type of fruit.

A good way I've found to get a good variety of fruit into Charlotte is smoothies, although I would think you would maybe find that hard to prepare LOL.

I think the popcorn idea is really good Thumbs Up

babyboosbabyboos
halves of toasted crumpets with butter
fingers of cheese on toast

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews