Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Please help.....

lee78davlee78dav
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hi ladies,

Anyone got any advice for me please? I’m using the Clearblue Digital Ovulation pack and I seem to have a 28 day cycle so started testing on day 11 as advised on the pack, expecting to have an LH surge yesterday (day 14) or today (day 15) but still no surge. Sorry for the info but to put you in the picture, we have made love on Saturday (day 11), Monday (day 13) and last night (day 14). Still have 2 test sticks in the pack to try tomorrow and Friday but DH is extremely busy at work and therefore pretty exhausted. In an ideal world we should try every night this week but does anyone think we will seriously jeopardise our chances if we miss tonight but try tomorrow and Friday (days 16 and 17)? I don’t know whether to put this down to a short luteal phase or whether to assume that I am not ovulating this month – any ideas? Don’t want to wear DH out but really can’t go through another month of not conceiving.

Thanks for your help.

kristagkristag
I had a 28 day cycle too but noticed I was ovulating on day 11 or 12. Maybe you're just a tad late this month?

Good luck though hun Smile Hope it won't take you too long.

mango82mango82
Hi i used that same ovulation kit and started testing on day 11 as recommended, i used all of the test sticks one day after the other and it didnt show up that i was ovulating on any of them!!! I found out i was pregnant a few weeks later. Maybe focusing on the kit made us forget about the rest and it just happened! I am not sure those kits work or that you should test as early as day 11. I reckon from day 13/14. Good luck with it all and maybe it will happen when you least expect it like me! Very Happy

jrich83jrich83
i know this is easier said than done but try to relax and enjoy trying to concieve. Dont make a chore out of it and so structured at the end of the day its fun trying and i know it must be awful coming on when you want to be pregnant but i think if you take it as it comes you will have more chance of falling on.

And you wont be spending money on the kits i really dont want to sound awful but you sound to be getting worked up on the days you should be having sex and this will put you under stress

laineyklaineyk
posted 9 years 5 months ago
Hi, i bought kits too not convinced they are that great to be honest, spoke to my doctor and she said try to be relaxed as possible and have sex couple times a week let hubbies count build up that way.

Good luck hope all works out well.

babydreamsbabydreams
I agree with what everone has said - but it could also be you are ovulating late this month, even for regular people it does happen.

glowingsunglowingsun
I also agree i with everyone else. You are waaaaaaaaaay too tense. If you continue on not only will it be hard to concieve but you will strain your relationship. Sex should never be forced.
And for those kits, your relying on an devise that is far too rigid for the female reproductive system and hormones. Technology is great for somethings, but it should stay away from your intuitions and feelings. I beleive you may be pregnant and are so tied up with what the kit says you haven't taken notice to the changes your body is going through.
Chill Girl.

lynslyns
im not sure on the O kits i dont use them but remember you dont have to do BD (baby dance=making love) everyday as spermies live for 5-7 days so still get chance to concieve if you O (ovulate) in between Good luck TTC and have fun its the good part!! as you may not fancy it so much once carrying
xx

daisy33daisy33
JUst remember sperm lives inside you for 72 hrs as well Smile

Try and enjoy, it did not happen to me untill i stopped worrying about it. Its easy to say i know as i was a nightmare.

HOpe you catch soon

xx

kristagkristag
I had a 28 day cycle and ovulated on day 11 or 12 so you could be too late this month.

As others have said, try and relax a bit. The more wound up you are about this, the less likely it is to happen. Hey, remember there's fun in the trying too Clapping

Good luck hon.
x

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews