Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

5 weeks and having stomach ache!

mango82mango82
posted 1 decade 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I have known i am pregnant for just over a week and have been experiencing stomach ache, very much like when i am on a period but its worrying me. i just wonder if others have experienced this??? oh yeah i am also really really tired and have tried to fight it but i just cant! i do a little and rest a lot. hope everyone is well xx Shocked

bunnigirlbunnigirl
yeah i have had this with all mine usually about the time as i would be ovulating or due for AF hunni and it lasted all the waybthrough the pgs

good luck

xxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi, As far as i am aware it is really common hun, especially in the 1st trimester. I suffered with it with both my pregnancies around the time i would have been due on all the way through. Although it was worrying at first (especially with first pregnancy) my MW assured me it was normal and nothing to worry about. If it gets very strong though or you start bleeding or even if you are just worried go and see your GP and he/she can arrange a scan to check all is ok, i had an early scan in my 1st pregnancy because i also had some spotting but they think that was just an implantation bleed. Congratulations and good luck. I'm sure everything will be fine!! XX

mango82mango82
Well i am lay up in bed with a cup of tea, been very tired this week and refusing to give into it so i am admitting i need a bit of relaxing time and have started typing a baby diary to occupy my mind. I heard these pains are common but it doesnt make it less worrying. I will see how they feel tomorrow and possily make a gp appointment. thanks x Neutral

WolfblassWolfblass
Hiya hunni!

Hug

I had it with Georgie and have had it on and off in this pg too! ( think i'm about 8 weeks now!)

Tiredness- yep don't i know it! I'm in bed by 8pm everynight it's horrendous. Only problem is my job i work shifts and am really suffering with the late as it doesn't finish until 11.15pm! I've mentioned it to my direct manager but i think she thinks by reducing late followed by early shifts that is good enough. I wouldn't mind as i am her assistant manager so we can swap directly - Shrug

I'm sending her an email and cc'ing HR in tomorrow. I'm not going to feel like this forever (hopefully Confused )

Bless you chick!!!

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Glad to hear you have given in and are trying to take it easy and rest hun, i mean if you can't take it easy when you pregnant, when can you! Hope all is well. Xx

mango82mango82
I am so thankful for this forum, its so good for airing concerns that are on your mind but you feel are silly to not pregnant people!!! i have had a tough day in work, mainly due to the fact my fellow workers implying i am ridiculous for feeling tired and being off my food as i am only 5 weeks pregnant. How on earth do they know??? i am the last person to sit on my backside and moan, but now the slightest moan is blamed on my hormones!~ its so annoying.

So pleased to get that off my chest!

Angry

gypseygypsey
Hug Hug Hug for ya i know how u feel

WolfblassWolfblass

mango82 said:
I am so thankful for this forum, its so good for airing concerns that are on your mind but you feel are silly to not pregnant people!!! i have had a tough day in work, mainly due to the fact my fellow workers implying i am ridiculous for feeling tired and being off my food as i am only 5 weeks pregnant. How on earth do they know??? i am the last person to sit on my backside and moan, but now the slightest moan is blamed on my hormones!~ its so annoying.

Angry

I know exactly how you feel, all the girls on my team are infact being fabby (although some have children so know what pg is like) however my direct manager is acting as though i'm putting it on!

I am struggling loads with late shifts, (tiredness, dizzyness, sickness) and have said i need less of these shifts - so what have i got most of this week - yep you guessed it Shrug and she is on nothign but middle shifts. Therefore last night i emailed her saying my midwife has advised me i need to rest up in the evenings and have cc'd HR in! So we'll see what happens now! Rolling Eyes

soupsoup

mango82 said:

Angry

the beggining and the end of pregnancy is exhausting and a bit of a struggle for different reasons

just ignore them

mango82mango82
I know exactly how you feel, all the girls on my team are infact being fabby (although some have children so know what pg is like) however my direct manager is acting as though i'm putting it on!

I am struggling loads with late shifts, (tiredness, dizzyness, sickness) and have said i need less of these shifts - so what have i got most of this week - yep you guessed it Shrug and she is on nothign but middle shifts. Therefore last night i emailed her saying my midwife has advised me i need to rest up in the evenings and have cc'd HR in! So we'll see what happens now! Rolling Eyes[/quote]

Wow so i am not alone! I know its very hard for people to understand, including myself before i got pregnant but wow do you feel tired. I think people expect u to feel terrible when they see the bump emerge, but thats when you start to feel better! Confused I really hope your email works for you and that they start to be more understanding while your going through this stage. Luckily another person in work has been very supportive and i feel much better today. Well, after a cry on my husband last night! Smile

WolfblassWolfblass

mango82 said:

I am struggling loads with late shifts, (tiredness, dizzyness, sickness) and have said i need less of these shifts - so what have i got most of this week - yep you guessed it Shrug and she is on nothign but middle shifts. Therefore last night i emailed her saying my midwife has advised me i need to rest up in the evenings and have cc'd HR in! So we'll see what happens now! Rolling Eyes

Wow so i am not alone! I know its very hard for people to understand, including myself before i got pregnant but wow do you feel tired. I think people expect u to feel terrible when they see the bump emerge, but thats when you start to feel better! Confused I really hope your email works for you and that they start to be more understanding while your going through this stage. Luckily another person in work has been very supportive and i feel much better today. Well, after a cry on my husband last night! Smile[/quote]

Oh Mango huge hugs hunni! Very Happy I do have supportive colleagues, but as i am a manager myself it is slightly different for me - it's just my direct manager who is a bit of a stick in the mud.

However it seems my email has worked as i was on a late shift on Saturday and she's doing that now and i am doing her early duty manager shift! Very Happy Thumbs Up Clapping

Yesterday i went to bed at midday for an hour and a half before going to work - just because i knew how shattered i'd feel and hoped it would work. I think it maybe did but hopefully the email has worked. Wink

mango82mango82
Well your shift changing on saturday is a step in the right direction. Its such a shame you had to go to the lengths of emailing and mentioning HR for her to be more understanding. Funnily enough the person being rather off with me is someone who has 3 children and many grandchildren herself and u would expect more understanding. I am keeping my head down and getting on with my job. Hurry up - Maternity leave! Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
I remember feeling like this. Also I was sick morning noon and night from 4/5weeks to 20 and felt really run down. I think going to bed and putting your feet up is a good idea Thumbs Up 9mths will pass quickly and then you wont have time to indulge yourself with day time napping.

Hope the feelings go away soon.xx

LouiiseLouiise
posted 1 decade 4 weeks ago
I have this aswell, my mum says its just the baby latching onto your uterus or something.. I'm a real worry wart so every twinge i will panic Sad

daisy33daisy33
posted 1 decade 4 weeks ago
I did not know i was pregnant as i had been trying for ages when this awful tummy ache like bad preiod pains started.

PLease try not to worry i think 50% of peolpe get this, mind you it really is painful.It will start to calm down, i think mine went at about 8 weeks or so.Take paracetamol to take the edge of it, as this is the only safe thing to take.

Also i remember feeling so tired especially in the first 12 weeks, try and put your feet up as much as you can and go to bed early.

My husband thought it was so funny i was always asleep when he got home as it is simply not me. Go with it if you can.

BIg congrats on being pregnant

xx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews