Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

What could be wrong any idea?

daisy33daisy33
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hi there

Harrison has always been a good sleeper, yes i do not normally say too much as i did not want it to smack me in the face. But all od a sudden for the last few nights he keeps waking and crying.

He is not hungry? And when i go in seems half a sleep when he is crying. I have tried him in loads of different things to have on him incase too hot or cold. And tried with calpol!!!

He did settle for a few hrs after calpol.

Have any of your's done that?

Not sure what is going on, and it is all night Sad Crying

Please help as starting work tomorrow in the real world again Sad and will be working 12 hrs.

xxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Hi Daisy33, Are you sure he is completely awake hun? Me and my brother both suffered with night terrors. Looked like we were awake and we were crying but we basically had a bad dream? At least that's the easiest way to describe it. As we don't ctually remember it ourselves but thats what the doc told mum it was. Think there are a few things that can trigger it? But sometimes they just grow out of it themselves? Am hoping mine don't follow in their mum and uncles footsteps and do it themselves, so far so good. If you are really worried take LO to docs and see what he says. Sorry couldn't be more help! Xx

daisy33daisy33
Bless him i wonder what he is dreaming(nightmares about?) Sometimes he is awake where sometimes he still seems asleep Confused

CharlieloveCharlielove
if it is that has he been exposed to anything out of the norm? Jessica had a stint of them after having had her auntie come over to look after her she woke when i was still out and watched tv with her- my sister said she got distressed bout a guy hitting a woman on teh tele- god knows why she let her watch that- but anyway Jessica had moments like you're describing for a couple of weeks to follow

daisy33daisy33
I am now worried this is because of possible fits Crying

CharlieloveCharlielove
aww hun- hugs- what's been said? you been to see hv or dr?

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Aww hun, got my fingers crossed everything goes ok for you. Keep us informed how the little cherub is! Hug

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

daisy33 said:

Hun, when you say fits, do you mean like seizures or like a tantrum fit??? Sorry, it's the American in me, some times you guys use different terms for things than we do...

I hope it's not a medical problem hun, how was last night for him??

Aaralyn used to have really horrible dreams and wake every hour crying and was scared to go back to sleep after. She now sleeps like a rock! Unfortunately the trick I did to get her to sleep wouldn't work for Harrison as he's too young, but I put a "Turkish Eye" someone brought back for me from Turkey a long time ago under her pillow and told her it will keep all the bad dreams away... Amazingly it has worked miracles... probably just telling her it does that helped comfort her into a deeper sleep? Shrug

daisy33 said:

Hun, when you say fits, do you mean like seizures or like a tantrum fit??? Sorry, it's the American in me, some times you guys use different terms for things than we do...

I hope it's not a medical problem hun, how was last night for him??

Aaralyn used to have really horrible dreams and wake every hour crying and was scared to go back to sleep after. She now sleeps like a rock! Unfortunately the trick I did to get her to sleep wouldn't work for Harrison as he's too young, but I put a "Turkish Eye" someone brought back for me from Turkey a long time ago under her pillow and told her it will keep all the bad dreams away... Amazingly it has worked miracles... probably just telling her it does that helped comfort her into a deeper sleep? Shrug

daisy33daisy33
AS in seizures hon Crying

But i am trying to stay positive, Harrison has an appointment with consultant in 2 weeks time.

But his sleep has returned back to normal in the last 2 nights Very Happy

Will let you know how he gets on, i have been feeling sick with worry

xxx

CharlieloveCharlielove
sending ou big hugs chick- hope he is alright. Let us know how it all goes

daisy33 said:
AS in seizures hon Crying

But i am trying to stay positive, Harrison has an appointment with consultant in 2 weeks time.

But his sleep has returned back to normal in the last 2 nights Very Happy

Will let you know how he gets on, i have been feeling sick with worry

xxx

I'm keeping good thoughts for you guys Paula! Hug

WolfblassWolfblass
Oh nooooooo - i must of missed this thread!!!!! Hug Hug

Hope things are okay! xxx

daisy33daisy33
Bless him he now has an ear infection too!!! Crying

Has his consultant appointment on Wednesday

Sorry not been on for a while

xxxx

mum2popsnjakmum2popsnjak
Good luck for wednesday hun, Am wishing Wish it is nothing and everything turns out just fine for you. Keep us all informed how the little angel is, poor thing sounds like he is going through a tough time at the moment. Huge hugs Hug and luck Xx

daisy33daisy33
Ears have cleared up, but he has a stinking cold and a cough, poor little devil Crying

The consultant is not sure what he is doing so sending him for a scan. BUt he is not doing it hardly at all now so trying to stay positive

Thanks so much for asking it means alot

xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews