Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Hey everyone ....student needs your help!

elizabethelizabeth
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Last edited by elizabeth 1 decade 3 years ago
Hey everyone!

I am a student in my final year at Northampton University.

My dissertation is based on advertising towards children and I am really interested in your views as parents!

I have attatched a questionnaire which will only take 2 mins tops to fill in. I would really love to know how you feel about the adverts that your children are watching. So please please fill this in!
Thankyou!

1.Do you feel that the adverts viewed by your children hold any unsuitable material?

YES / No

2. If yes what elements do you deem as unsuitable?

3. Do you feel under pressure to buy the products that your children see advertised?

Yes / No / Sometimes

4. Does it cause problems when you are unable to give your children the toys or games they have seen advertised on T.V.?

Yes / No / Sometimes

5. If yes choose out of the following options to identify what problems may occur. (just place a X next to your option)Feel free to add any that are not listed!

Jealousy towards children that have the items they
asked for

Arguments between you and your child

Tantrums from your child

Moodiness

Periods of sulking

6. Are you male / female

Thank you for your time! Very happy

littleladylittlelady
1.Do you feel that the adverts viewed by your children hold any unsuitable material?

YES -

They both cried seeing the dog on the ford advert being run over, and the chicken coming back to life upset them

3. Do you feel under pressure to buy the products that your children see advertised?

No

4. Does it cause problems when you are unable to give your children the toys or games they have seen advertised on T.V.?

No- They are both still small tots so not yet!

5. If yes choose out of the following options to identify what problems may occur. (Feel free to add any that are not listed)

Tantrums from your child

Moodiness

Periods of sulking

6. Male Yes/ No

Female Yes/ No

Dont understand this one... i have 1 boy and 1 girl if thats what you mean Smile

bunnigirlbunnigirl
Last edited by bunnigirl 1 decade 3 years ago
hey hunni hope this helps and good luck with your final year

YES

more along the lines of adverts for tv progrmmes which can contain some sexual stuff even before nine and also can conetain sone stuf which would lead on to violence

not a yes and no answer sometines i do if they really really badger mo into it cos they have seen it on tv

not really i just tell them they will have to wait until bday or christmas and that usually settles it if they are good i will get it them easrler then they expect so its a surprise

5. If yes choose out of the following options to identify what problems may occur. (Feel free to add any that are not listed)

not really i usually get "but why cant i have it mummy" then thats it

Tantrums from your child

never they no it doesnt work with me

Moodiness

not really

Periods of sulking

for all of 10 minutes then they find a toy they do have to play with

6. Male Yes/ No

Female Yes/ No

didnt understand this either but i have 2 boys 3 and 1 and 2 girls 10 and 5 if this helps
I am female lol
hope everything was ok and answered right

hipmommahipmomma

YES

adverts earlier in the evening for later programmes

no

no

5. If yes choose out of the following options to identify what problems may occur. (just place a X next to your option)Feel free to add any that are not listed!

Tantrums from your child

Moodiness

Periods of sulking

6. Are you male / female

female

GTTkelGTTkel

elizabeth said:

No

No

No

Tantrums from your child

Moodiness

Periods of sulking

6. female

Thank you for your time! Very happy

FfionFfion
- My blog

No

Sometimes

Sometimes

Tantrums from your child x

Moodiness x

Periods of sulking x

6. female

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews