Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

wondering and worrying...

beebopbeebop
posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hi all,

I'm new on here, but I was wondering if I could get some help...

I think I'm pregnant, but I have done two home tests which both came out negative. My period is about 3 weeks late and I have a lot of other symptoms. Nausea, dizziness, sore breasts, fatigue etc.

My real problem however is, that I have suffered from an eating disorder for close to 9 years now and my periods only just came back at the end of april. I've just turned 20 and I think this may be my only chance to have a baby..

I guess I'm worried that I am pregnant but it isn't going to last because of the damage that has been done. I don't know what to think and I'm really worried. Any help or advice as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I would make an apointment to speak to a Dr hun... They can address your concerns and give you a blood test to say whether your are pregnant or not. Good luck hun, I hope everything works out for you Hug

beebopbeebop
Thank you hapydazy.

I'm going to see my GP on Monday. Haven't told my boyfriend yet though because he will only worry. It's scary..

beebop said:
Thank you hapydazy.

I'm going to see my GP on Monday. Haven't told my boyfriend yet though because he will only worry. It's scary..

I can imagine hun.... if I'm being too personal please tell me to mind my business, but how have you been doing recently with your eating disorder. If you're on a good track and you are pregnant and you keep yourself healthy, maybe you'll have a nice healthy pregnancy. Smile

AlexAlex Moderator
Welcome to JP.

I think everyone will give the same advice as Hapydazy- visit the GP

beebopbeebop

Quote:
I can imagine hun.... if I'm being too personal please tell me to mind my business, but how have you been doing recently with your eating disorder. If you're on a good track and you are pregnant and you keep yourself healthy, maybe you'll have a nice healthy pregnancy. Smile

No it's fine, I'm completely comfortable talking about it now. I've been in and out of treatment for the past 5 years. My periods stopped just before my 17th birthday and only just completely come back recently.. I'm healthier than I was, I'm just on the lowest healthy weight for my height, I'm attending my out-patient support groups and I'm really trying, but it's hard.

Part of me really wants to be pregnant. Another part is so scared. My boyfriend is lovely, caring and he would make a great dad, but I'm worried at what he may say. He might think it's too soon, he might worry about me but I'm not sure how my fertility is and it might be our only chance...

Doctors asap!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Maybe you should discuss your feelings with him hun, also your concerns with your GP.

I do know someone who has had 3 children after a lenghty struggle with an eating disorder so theres always hope hun Hug

Welcome to JP by the way Wave

beebop said:

Quote:

No it's fine, I'm completely comfortable talking about it now. I've been in and out of treatment for the past 5 years. My periods stopped just before my 17th birthday and only just completely come back recently.. I'm healthier than I was, I'm just on the lowest healthy weight for my height, I'm attending my out-patient support groups and I'm really trying, but it's hard.

Part of me really wants to be pregnant. Another part is so scared. My boyfriend is lovely, caring and he would make a great dad, but I'm worried at what he may say. He might think it's too soon, he might worry about me but I'm not sure how my fertility is and it might be our only chance...

Doctors asap!

It sounds like you're getting on the right track babe, just keep doing what you're doing, don't give up the support groups! Make that appointment and come back and let us know how everything goes. This can be a great support group for you as well, especially if you are pregnant, we've all been there, and alot of us have had to endure some rough times so we'll be there for ya!

BTW, I'm Tammy, welcome to JP! Wave

kirstkirst
welcome to just parents hun
i really hope u get the result u want.
good luck and well done for gettin help with ur eatin diesorder hun

daisy33daisy33
Welcome to Just Parents

Wave

Def go to the doctors, i am sure you will get pregnant especially with you being so young even with having an eating disorder in the past.

Hope it all works out for you, and fingers crossed if you want to be pregnant

xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews