Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

To spank or not to spank, that is the question

gypseygypsey
posted 1 decade 5 years ago
my older ones have been smacked in fact ollie had a bar of soap put in his mouth for swearing on the street last yr..but it was worse because he had braces..never done it again infront of me talia has had a smaked bum b4 now for throwing her toys one just missed mason but now i take her favorite things away for a time out it seems to work Smile i think smakcking is ok.and im not a wishy washy type i talk to all my older children and explain the concequences for there actions Razz

LucyLucy

kristag said:
I went to an NCT class the other day and somehow we got onto the subject of discipline (we were all 2nd time mums-to-be and most with young children already).

I nearly fell off my chair when the class leader said that the latest thinking was 'mental punishment', ie. naughty step, stopping them watching their favourite TV programme, etc, is now considered to be cruelty and can affect a child's development in later life. I couldn't help but say what a bunch of rubbish that sounded (which got nods from most of the other mums too).

No wonder we have a society of kids who don't respect adults and run riot if this is the way things are going Teeth

What next do we think? Never saying 'no' to your child??? Shocked Makes you want to give up and sit in a corner doesn't it!!

so if we cant spank and we cant mentally punish a child what should we do?

kristagkristag

Lucy said:
so if we cant spank and we cant mentally punish a child what should we do?

Exactly. We all looked a bit baffled to say the least. Perhaps the thought police will let us know Sad Face

To be honest, I don't think any of us on here give a hoot about what you are supposed or not supposed to do. They are our children and we all want to be the best parents we can be so we do what's best and what works. It just stuns me that there is always some so called 'expert' who is quick to lecture.

Mind you, as adults even we've all had the 'lecture' at times in a different way - don't eat red meat, eggs, drink wine, have salt, etc. Make mine steak tartar with a large glass of Pinot please Razz

gypseygypsey
kids learn by example never did me any harm turned out normal Crazy Crazy

kristagkristag

gypsey said:

Me too

gypseygypsey
Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Very happy

hapydazyhapydazy

kristag said:

gypsey said:

Me too

Ummm I'm not normal, nor is my child LOL Razz but we turned out ok too, so far Crazy

I think you said it best Kristag:

"To be honest, I don't think any of us on here give a hoot about what you are supposed or not supposed to do. They are our children and we all want to be the best parents we can be so we do what's best and what works. It just stuns me that there is always some so called 'expert' who is quick to lecture."

I agree!

LucyLucy
Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy Crazy

NotagirlNotagirl
posted 8 months 2 weeks ago
I got spanked on the bare bottom with the belt when I was growing up and my mum used to pull my trousers and pants down and my dad also pulled my trousers and pants down and my mum and dad gave permission to a lady up the road if i was stopping over for a sleepover and she used to pull my trousers and pants down and spank me with a bath brush if i were really naughty i got the cane across my bare bottom from my mum and dad and the lady up the road. did get spanked from the babysitter as well across my bare bottom and she used to pull my trousers and pants down.

NotagirlNotagirl
posted 8 months 2 weeks ago
What were you medical examination like at school and how far did you have to undress.i had to undress down to my pants (UK,) and the doctor was always a female doctor.what was your doctor male or female.

Ellie78Ellie78
posted 8 months 1 week ago
If you continuously hit a child, they will become scared of you.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews