Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

I told a lie :(

soupsoup
posted 9 years 11 months ago

Im a very honest person but i told a lie to my son about the baby

i said the baby is coming out of my belly button - but we all know his not

am i silly for feeling guilty about this lie ? at the time i didn't want to go into the whole story so when he asked if the baby would come out my belly button ...... i just agreed

do you think i should just carry on and hope it doesn't come up

or should i sit him down now his 6 months older and explain it to him

AlexAlex Moderator
I dont know I have never been in your situation. When little sister had baby Joseph accepted the baby was in her tummy and it just came out (he was only 2 and a half! Rolling Eyes )

If he doesnt ask again I would just leave it but if he asked again maybe tell him in a little more detail.

Maybe someone who has had more than 1 child would be better answering this than me!!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Aaralyn asked me at about 3 years old where babies come out of and I told her that they come out of the area near where our pee pee comes out but that sometimes they have to make a place in your tummy for them to come out. I then showed her my c-section scar and told her that's where she came out of.... she seemed satisfied with that. How old is your son? I don't think it's a terrible thing you did but I've always told myself I would be as honest as I could with any questions that come out of her little mouth Rolling Eyes sometimes it's hard to come up with an answer in honesty that they can understand at that age.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte knew that George was coming out of my 'bottom' but she'd sat and watched a few birth programmes with me. i wanted to prepare her because I had a homebirth and if she was about when I was in labour I didn't want her to freak out when he made his appearance.

As it was, she was fast asleep in bed LOL!

soupsoup
he will be 4 in october

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator

soup said:
he will be 4 in october

Well I wouldn't feel bad about it.... I think it's kinda cute actually Very Happy

I thought for the longest time when I was a kid that woman sat down on a toilete and pooped the baby out Shocked don't know what age I actually was when I realized or learned that's not how it happens LOL

AlexAlex Moderator

hapydazy said:

I thought for the longest time when I was a kid that woman sat down on a toilete and pooped the baby out Shocked don't know what age I actually was when I realized or learned that's not how it happens LOL

I thought that they came from the cabbage patch!!!! Rolling Eyes Embarassed

and then I thought they were all cut out your belly.

soupsoup
maybe i will protect his innocence a little longer then Love

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews