Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

How much are you due back from bank charges ?

soupsoup
posted 9 years 6 months ago
if it all goes our way of course (everything crossed)

candgsmumcandgsmum
Why are we getting repaid some??

I've never tried to reclaim them...I got let off a few because I cried the poor tale, and then I got another 3 but that's all I've ever had fortunately. (touch wood).

AlexAlex Moderator
I thought the banks had been allowed another 6mths to not pay back customers

soupsoup
yes

im still waiting for the big decision

hoping to get back at least a grand !!

jrich83jrich83
i got my money back before it all came to light that you could reclaim money back. i was sick of my bank taking money of me and most of the time they where charging me £125 each month for taking out about £20 but in 4 different transaction so like £5 a time. I got on to my bank so much that they eventually gave me my money back i went through my record for 6yrs and found that they had taken of £800 i got £700 back.

very happy. worth the wait although they shouldnt have taken it in the 1st place.

LucyLucy
my bank doesnt charge, i never go overdrawn and i get interest Halo

AlexAlex Moderator

Lucy said:
i never go overdrawn and i get interest Halo

neither do I Halo

candgsmumcandgsmum

Alex said:

Lucy said:
i never go overdrawn and i get interest Halo

neither do I Halo

Pffff Razz

ElementaryElementary
I claimed back a lot of charges - which were mainly due to my ex's bad money mangement - and got £900+ back

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 8 years 11 months ago
It looks as if the backs are goign to gt slapped wrists and that customers will be able to claim back charges.... Thumbs Up

ElementaryElementary
Banks are not allowed to appeal, but are going direct to the House of Lords - and the hold on claiming is still on Evil or Very Mad

candgsmumcandgsmum
I've been charged a couple of times for missing a couple of direct debits, it was £35 each time too scandalous!!

I was annoyed at my bank today for sending me what I think is a rude letter for one of my accounts being overdrawn. The reason it's overdrawn is because of fraud, all the notes that must be on my account about the investigations into it, yet they don't look before sending off a letter with big red writing saying 'pay now' and 'stop using this account'. The cheeky buggers even enclosed a letter with how much it will cost me from now on for a phone call/letter/solicitor, they obviously don't want people to get out of debt! I told them where they could put their letter!!!

LucyLucy
i know ive said that my bank doesnt charge, but i dont go overdrawn, and if i do i have an agreed overdraft. I do however feel that charging overdraft fees that are riiculously high only makes the matter worse and if you cant pay that oerdraft what makes them think that you can pay the fee. My friend had a direct debit taken that she wasnt expecting and her bak whaced her up £60 it was unfair as it was the companies fault that it was taken. She appealed to them and they repaid her fee for her

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews