Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

sugarsugar Moderator
posted 9 years 11 months ago
Sorry guys! I know i dont post often Sad (working 4 days a week atm so always soooo blimmin tired LOL and i have it easy too LOL) so my days are always full Razz
But thomas is driving me NUTS! hes climbing on and up EVERYTHING! and doesnt listen to anything unless i get really angry with him and he just laughs in my face - i feel bad as its my fault - while i was signed off work with PND i did let him get away with everythig becoz i couldnt cope with telling him off Sad i got to a stage where i would just sit and watch him because i couldnt bear interacting with him or lottie Sad but im getting over my PND slowly now but thomas although he is really happy is gtetting too much for me and its embarassing as he is the sdame at nursery Sad and its even worse coz im in the same room as him at work and see how he is Sad im being firm and not letting him get away with anything so i know its a matter of time and its going to take a while to un-do what was done while i wasnt well, think its just taking longer then i hoped and i needed a rant LOL!

ElementaryElementary
I can appreciate the 'not wanting to confront' - have no answers, but a turnaround must be possible look at the changes Supernanny achieves Hug

sugarsugar Moderator
yeah i already do a lot of what supernanny does LOL (used to sit there watching it with DF saying look we already do that Razz) think it was just hard where i got to a point with my PND that i was having panic attacks if i was around anyone except DF and the kids so meant i was stuck indoors and got really low - im making sure he is diciplined at the same level every time now - think its just gonna take time - i am sticking to my guns now LOL!

bunnigirlbunnigirl
you will get there babe and we are all here to support u every step of the way and u r doing brilliantly hunni

u r trying to turn urself around some women dont even do that they just let their children turn into terrors

u r doing fab hunni and he will be back to sweet little thomas before u no it babe

xxxx

LucyLucy
Well i have a Thomas and he was a climber too, but i think that the interaction thing is maybe the key, hes wanting your attention and hes not getting it.

By playing up he gets bad attention and you maybe not praising the good behaviour.

Get on the floor with him, play, even if its jigsaws and books and do it for small bursts, 5 mins a time, then make it longer and longer each time.

Hell learn to amuse himself without destroying the house and winding you up.

Cant lottie sit and play with him, do they fight?

Oh and stickers are a great incentive, they encourage good behaviour and discourage the negative.

I hope that he starts to behave soon and hes young he can be tamed

candgsmumcandgsmum
I must admit I do find it harder to discipline George than I did with Charlotte, I'm not sure whether it's just because little boys are progrmmed with monkeyitis or what LOL.

Don't blame yourself though hun, it's not your fault!

sugarsugar Moderator

Lucy said:
Well i have a Thomas and he was a climber too, but i think that the interaction thing is maybe the key, hes wanting your attention and hes not getting it.

By playing up he gets bad attention and you maybe not praising the good behaviour.

Get on the floor with him, play, even if its jigsaws and books and do it for small bursts, 5 mins a time, then make it longer and longer each time.

Oh and stickers are a great incentive, they encourage good behaviour and discourage the negative.

yeah im doing all this since ive been getting better hun Smile (nursery nurse trained in on +ve over -ve etc etc LOL) think its just gonna take a whilke as hes soo used to clmbing on everything - it seems to be wokring today as everytime hes gone to climb up and ive said no hes run off and found something else to play with.
charlotte and thomas do play together but lottie gets bored after a while as she likes to sit down and conentrate on things which is hard when uve got a 15mth old brother trying to join in too so she gets annoyed and goes to play else where - im sure i will get there soon just needed somewhere to let off steam as DF just tells me thomas is spoilt Rolling Eyes

LucyLucy

sugar said:

Lucy said:

yeah im doing all this since ive been getting better hun Smile (nursery nurse trained in on +ve over -ve etc etc LOL) think its just gonna take a whilke as hes soo used to clmbing on everything - it seems to be wokring today as everytime hes gone to climb up and ive said no hes run off and found something else to play with.
charlotte and thomas do play together but lottie gets bored after a while as she likes to sit down and conentrate on things which is hard when uve got a 15mth old brother trying to join in too so she gets annoyed and goes to play else where - im sure i will get there soon just needed somewhere to let off steam as DF just tells me thomas is spoilt Rolling Eyes

i would say he was a typical little boy who just gets his own way alot! Rolling Eyes

keep up the good work and good luck

LihraLihra
take a leaf out of suppernanny and make a behaviour chart. let the kids help you design it/them and use velcro to move the pointer up and down the chart. i made my daughter a fifi one everytime she is good it goes up 1 space and if she is bad she gets a warning then goes on naughty spot and fifi goes down 1 space

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews