Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Got a letter...starting to feel more real

WolfblassWolfblass
posted 9 years 4 months ago
from hospital this morning saying they've been contacted by the midwives for my dating scan which is on the 26th August. Very Happy Starting to feel very real all of a sudden!

However because all the doc did when i went after the positive test was say congrats and wish us luck and say he was referring me to the midwifery centre, it doesn't seem real somehow. I thought he'd of done another test / felt tummy etc etc - other than just take my word.

Now i'm starting to think what if the positive test was wrong and i'm sat here excited thinking im pg and i'm not...

I know i'm just being daft...

daisy33daisy33
Bless you i am sure all is how it should be Smile

if you are worried to put your mind at rest you could always do another one at home they are 99% accurate!!! Go on it will make you feel better Smile

xxx

kristagkristag
I expected more when I told doc I was pregnant but it seems a congrats and 'fill in this form' is about it Rolling Eyes

I'm sure it will feel more real very soon. Just sit back and enjoy now Thumbs Up

LucyLucy
good luck with that

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Love I'm so happy for you Becky!!! Love

AlexAlex Moderator
It is exciting Clapping

I went to the GP and told him I had done a test- he asked which one and the next thing I heard was the appointment for my dating scan- when I went for my scan they couldnt find baby Shocked and I had to have an internal scan (turns out I was only 9 weeks like I thought where as GP had me as nearly 13weeks because of my last irreqular period!!!)

MilliesMumMilliesMum
Hi - most GP's don't do any examinations or take urine samples as home pregnancy tests are basically what is used by hospitals, so they would be just duplicating it.

I have 1 daughter and am pregnancy again - a bit of a shock as I am supposed to be infertile (needed treatment for my daughter). I've had my booking scan, heard the baby's heartbeat but still don't believe I'm pregnant. So much so, I'm still known to take the odd test! I know, its stupid but hey, if it gives reassurance.

The big supermarkets do a double pack of tests for about £5!

Don't worry about your doubts - it's normal - your booking scan will come around quickly and you'll love walking out of the room with a picture of your beautiful baby.

TC!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Ah congrats to you Milliesmum Thumbs Up

When I fell on with George it was totally different, the only place I had to prove it to was the hospital because I went in with early bleeding and I'd not yet been booked into the hospital LOL.

MummyBMummyB
Ah congrats hun, your worries are definatley completley normal. Your scan date will come rond soon enough though!

When i went to the doc's after finding out pregnant with DD he looked at me and said ''is this was good or bad news, what would you like me to do''!!! Can you believe it! Shocked

kirstkirst
awww ull b fine hun. enjoy ur pregnancy. most drs dont get involved to much now in pregnancies i dont think

WolfblassWolfblass
Thanks Ladies, i had early bleeding when pg with DD which i s why i found out i was pg as i had been on the depo adn never missed and injection. So i'm comparing it to a toally different situation!

I'm just nervous and excited....

AlexAlex Moderator

MilliesMum said:
Hi - most GP's don't do any examinations or take urine samples as home pregnancy tests are basically what is used by hospitals, so they would be just duplicating it.

I have 1 daughter and am pregnancy again - a bit of a shock as I am supposed to be infertile (needed treatment for my daughter). I've had my booking scan, heard the baby's heartbeat but still don't believe I'm pregnant. So much so, I'm still known to take the odd test! I know, its stupid but hey, if it gives reassurance.

The big supermarkets do a double pack of tests for about £5!

Don't worry about your doubts - it's normal - your booking scan will come around quickly and you'll love walking out of the room with a picture of your beautiful baby.

TC!

Wave welcome to JP Milliesmum and congratulations on your pregnancy

gypseygypsey
Clapping thats great Very Happy news congrats

catswinniecatswinnie
congratlations hunni and welcome to JP Very Happy Very Happy

WolfblassWolfblass
HI Catswinnie- not sure i've bumped into you on here before!!!

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews