Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Soft cervix at 26 weeks

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 11 months ago
I thought my experience of last night might help reassure anyone who has a similar thing.

I had noticed an increased discharge for a few days now and being a practitioner of natural family planning, decided to have a check around Rolling Eyes

I noticed that whereas my cervix is normally a 'bump' like the end of your nose and hard like that, it was almost flat and very, very soft.

I did some Googling and a quick read of pregnancy book and thought "oh my goodness, I'm heading into labour!".

I rang the midwife and she said to get straight to my doctors to be checked, which I did. I had no abdominal pains and it certainly didn't feel like my waters had broken.

Doctor did a check but couldn't really tell - she did think my heartbeat was babies though as it was 162bmp but I was stressed and wound up Upset so I pointed out that it wasn't - baby was much more relaxed than me Wink

She then said she'd call the hospital and speak to the Ob/Gynae on call and did so. Next think I had a letter in my hand and was heading to the delivery suite! Talk about panic rising...

Anyway, checked over by doctor there and apparently it's one of those things that can happen in pregnancy, particularly in 2nd ones heading into the 3rd trimester. You live and learn Thumbs Up

Part of the panic all around was that my daughter was born at 34 weeks and I had no symptoms whatsoever before my waters broke with a flood and 3hrs 20mins later there she was Clapping

I have been warned I'm likely to have another premature baby but not THIS premature I hope!

Sorry for rambling on but I thought it may help anyone else who has similar worries.

Take care everyone.
Hug

jo-jojo-jo
My cervix "ripened" very early this second time around and it was a bit touch and go as i had also had a premature birth with my first son,this time i was checked more often and although my cervix was soft it stayed mostly (not fully)closed and we had our little boy 2 weeks ago at 37 weeks and 4 days all was ok i cant remember when my gyno told me i think i was about 20 something weeks also.
good luck and remember to rest.

kristagkristag

jo-jo said:
My cervix "ripened" very early this second time around and it was a bit touch and go as i had also had a premature birth with my first son,this time i was checked more often and although my cervix was soft it stayed mostly (not fully)closed and we had our little boy 2 weeks ago at 37 weeks and 4 days all was ok i cant remember when my gyno told me i think i was about 20 something weeks also.
good luck and remember to rest.

Thanks for that. Good advice. I'm thinking about stopping work a LOT earlier now. I'd rather be with my feet up in the garden then risking her arriving too quickly Smile

jo-jojo-jo
I think that would probably be best hun,my gyno told me to stay elevated as much as possible (it got hard towards the end)but i really took care of my self and listened and did what ever they told me to (im a bit stubborn) and thank god everything went well. Thumbs Up

kristagkristag
They said all is ok and no issues but I think it's worth exercising that caution isn't it. I'd never forgive myself if going to a boring job every day triggered a very early birth!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I'm glad everything seems to be ok now, here's hoping for a nice, long (no longer than needed, of course) healthy rest of your pregnancy!! Hug

daisy33daisy33
Gosh think you need to put your feet up hon

xxx

candgsmumcandgsmum
Put your feet up hun and get your OH to do the running about for you Kiss

kristagkristag
Hubby is now preparing baby's room - I think he's suddenly realised (as have I) that she could be just around the corner!

Gonna stop work at least 3 weeks earlier than planned. To be honest, I'm pretty tired already and having quite a few headaches so being at a computer all day isn't doing my wellbeing any good Gag

Thanks everyone Hug

WolfblassWolfblass
Aaaaw hugs Kristag.... Hug Hug

How many weeks are you??

kristagkristag

Wolfblass said:
Aaaaw hugs Kristag.... Hug Hug

How many weeks are you??

26+4 now Thumbs Up At least I have another 2 weeks off end of August to chill out before this place drives me nuts Wink

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews