Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Screaming once leaving the room

daisy33daisy33
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Harrison has just started get upset once i leave the room for 1 minute Crying

I have read that this normally happens, what did you all do pick them up oir leave them for a while? Not sure what to do for the best? His gorgeous little face and his quivering lip and then i pick him up and all is fine again Monkey

Is this normal or could it be something else? I guess he could be teething? But he seems alot more upset once i am not there for a minute?

Harrison is almost 7 months old.

xxx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
It could be teething or a stage he's going through... he's really getting at the age where he's realizing his crying can really get him some attention.

I did both, sometimes I'd leave her cry and sometimes I wouldn't... it was very hard for me at times to leave her crying but sometimes she'd calm after a few minutes, it was when she didn't calm after a few minutes that I would get her and hold her... I was told by some that I shouldn't do that because it was teaching her that if she just kept crying then I would eventually come... well, whatever, I had a very hard time letting her cry, I felt I was making her feel "abandoned" Rolling Eyes

LucyLucy

daisy33 said:
Harrison has just started get upset once i leave the room for 1 minute Crying

I have read that this normally happens, what did you all do pick them up oir leave them for a while? Not sure what to do for the best? His gorgeous little face and his quivering lip and then i pick him up and all is fine again Monkey

Is this normal or could it be something else? I guess he could be teething? But he seems alot more upset once i am not there for a minute?

Harrison is almost 7 months old.

xxx

sounds to me like an attention thing. Gemma was the same, im not saying you should leave him to cry but for a minute or so while you finish up wht you are doing then come in look at him and ok mummys back dont worry, hes prob afraid youve left him.

hes only a baby, but hell learn youll always come back, you can always tell him where you are, he may be little but the more you say it the more used to it hell get.

ellee1984ellee1984
izzy done that about the same age as harrison is i just had to leave it say to her that mummy will be back in a minute and if you can keep talking to him to reassure your about and then when you come back say mummys back whats all that noise for etc and dont let him see it worries you its just a pahse they go through where they think your going and not coming back but dont go running when they start crying leave it for a few minutes as they will learn that they just have to cry and mummy comes running.

good luck it will be tough for a little while but it will all pay off in the end.

AlexAlex Moderator
It is normal. The child realises that people come and go and he is showing displeasure at you going. I would just reassure him that you will be back, and try not to rush and pick him up (even though it is hard) because thats what YOU are what he wants.

candgsmumcandgsmum
George was really bad from a very young age. I used to put him in the bouncer chair and take him in it where I went so he could see me, I.e. sat him in the kitchen while I did the washing etc.

As he got older I would tell him what I was doing and then if he cried just shout to him where i was, gave him 5 minutes, if he was still crying I would just calm him down and give him a hug and then explain I had to go back to what i was doing. It makes everything take so much longer but he eventually got to know that I was coming back and not abandonning him.

daisy33daisy33
Thanks girls for making me feel more relaxed about things Smile

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews