Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

very hard poo!!!!

daisy33daisy33
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
Poor little Harrison has suddenly become very constipated.

Went to see the health visitor as he is screaming when is he is going and even spilt his bottom Sad Worried he is now going be scared to go Scared

I have tried orange juice(concentrated and lots of water)

Also trying him with fruit and veg and still not going

What do all you lot do, or is this unusual?

mumof2_jomumof2_jo
Sad Aww poor little thing
I had this problem with Eloise alot I used brown sugar in water worked a treat x

LucyLucy
i agree bown sugar diluted or prune juice, it might take a day or so but it will get it out!!!

perhaps you can get a laxitive for babies i cant think what its called but gemma had it.

Apple sauce, try that too

http://www.childhealth.co.uk/common_childhood_c...ZQCFQyR1QodL2hDtg

LihraLihra
i use a lil of califig when alisa gets bunged up it works great and is all natural HV recommended i tried it, it is made of figs

daisy33daisy33
where do you get calfig from?

Thanks for advice on brown sugar i wil give it a go today

xxx

angelsmomangelsmom
casey had same problem, she went to docs and was given lactulose (laxative) then she was refferd to peadiatition (sp?)and she was given an extra laxative.

however we found fig rolls to work best, about 3 a day LOL. she woulda had the packet if we let her.

get in quick coz casey became scared off pooing and would stop it which made it worse, we would try holding her like she was on toilet or holdin her legs up on stomach to help push it out.

hope he gets better quickly, wouldnt want anyone to go thru what casey did.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Charlotte had the same problems hun, we found lots of water helped her. My friends LO has been given lactose to help her poo.

LihraLihra
you can get califig from tesco's and asda so prob most other pharmacies. it is over the counter

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
My friend's son had this problem about the same age as Harrison... she just added prune just to his formula a couple times a day and it worked wonders.

I hope the little guy is feeling better now! Hug

daisy33daisy33
still not been Crying

Going to give him some more brown sugar in warm water and apple sauce after his tea in 30 mins, and then going to pop out to get calfig or prune juice. Will i get prune juice just from supermarket. Sorry never bought prunes as i do not like them or is there a medicine like this you can take?

xxx

You should be able to buy a bottle of prune juice at the supermarket.

Gosh, I hope something works soon for him... thank goodness this was never a problem with Aaralyn when she was a baby but I know it must be so frustrating for you too Hug

LucyLucy

daisy33 said:
still not been Crying

Going to give him some more brown sugar in warm water and apple sauce after his tea in 30 mins, and then going to pop out to get calfig or prune juice. Will i get prune juice just from supermarket. Sorry never bought prunes as i do not like them or is there a medicine like this you can take?

xxx

prune juice you can get in Tescos Asda or Sainsburys, you can try the health food store too.

Lactolose was the stuff the dr gave me, i dont think you can buy it, but it will happen, just get it sorted poor little chappy myst be right bunged up, if it gets too bad they will give him a suppository,, that will sort it right quick!

Hey Paula, you had this post in the pregnancy forum so I moved it to parenting, you might get more views there Wink

Hope things have moved along for him by now!

daisy33daisy33
Thanks for that

Well he has had lactoluse, orange juice loads of water and weetabix, apples and veg and still nothing Confused

Went to the supermarket to night and got him prune juice and asked for calfig but they were out of stock

Also going to try the brown sugar thing again tom.

I really hope he goes tom

x

Poor guy Sad , how many days has it been since he's gone now? Have you talked to his Dr yet to see what they say? I wonder if there's some prescription they could give him Shrug Hug

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
Poor guy Sad , how many days has it been since he's gone now? Have you talked to his Dr yet to see what they say? I wonder if there's some prescription they could give him Shrug Hug

if its more than a week, then take him to the dr, they will give him a suppository will sort it in a jiffy

daisy33daisy33
It was Saturday and then was when he cut his bottom also from going

He has had the water with brown sugar in and 5oz of prune juice this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!That was early morning and still nothing Crying

Doctors wrote me out prescription for lactoluse but gave him last night anyway, if nothing by mid day i will give him some more and then call the doctors again.

Is it too soon to call again do you think? He did use to go once or twice a day

Thank you for all your help so far

xxx

LucyLucy

daisy33 said:
It was Saturday and then was when he cut his bottom also from going

He has had the water with brown sugar in and 5oz of prune juice this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!That was early morning and still nothing Crying

Doctors wrote me out prescription for lactoluse but gave him last night anyway, if nothing by mid day i will give him some more and then call the doctors again.

Is it too soon to call again do you think? He did use to go once or twice a day

Thank you for all your help so far

xxx
no i think tyhat you should take him again, if you are worried no reason to make the little man suffer

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hun, he might b stopping himself too as if it hurt so much last time, he could be holding it in.

Hope he does a poo for you xx

I see ya on hun, how's Harrison today??

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews