Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

check this out

sherwopjsherwopj
posted 1 decade 3 years ago
Hi All

I made a website for my boy (then 12 months) and friends have told me that it might be fun for others too, so here i am expounding its virutes Embarassed .

babybrains

There are some games for under 2s that dont require any special equipment (just your keyboard or mouse) so please feel free to nip over and let your little 'uns have a go.
Its still a work in progress so if you have any comments, suggestions or critisisms please reply here or drop me a line through the site.

hope you enjoy

Sherwopj

sherwopjsherwopj
oops forgot to say.

the games only work properly (ie with sounds, they're much better with sounds) in Interenet Explorer browsers...im still trying to get everything working for other browsers Sad Face

bunnigirlbunnigirl
hi hunn thats gtreat my son loved it he is three but he had a fun time while he is off school with chicken pox namin all the animals and seeing how many he can get right
a big thumbs up from me and dominic Very happy
well done bet your son loves it Very happy

StaceStace
theia really enjoyed that i've put it on our fav's so she can play again. she really likes the key bashers Very happy

great idea Very happy

FfionFfion
- My blog
thats amazing!!!

my 3 yr old loved it lol!

max wasnt interested lol, but elise loved that she could tipe! lol she said "i can do it mami, im just like you now" lol bless her!

bunnigirlbunnigirl
do you no what i am not sure if this site is a blessing or not lol i showed it dominic and he thought it was brilliant he has only just let me have my laptop back he thinks he is so grown up now
a brillant site and thatnks for sharing it with us
i will let u no more if i ever get the comp back lol

sherwopjsherwopj
thanks so much for letting me know how it went...

Im really glad others find it fun too, it was worth the effort just for my boy, but now i know others like it too im gonna make an effort to make it better.

thanks again

Paul

SassySassy
- My blog
Sherwopj . . .Paul . . ?

I do not think it is responsible parenting to have children two years old and under any where near a computer. Shocked

Give children a chance to be children. Suspect After all when they grow up there is no going back.

Good luck with your site.

FfionFfion
- My blog
just put max on there again and he loved it! he was smiling and laughing when the animals were poping up and making noises that he made happen lol!

sherwopjsherwopj
thanks again for your comments folks.

I take your point Sassy, i guess i justify it to myself by thinking the games (even thought they're on PC) are just a fancy toy. The thing that inspired me to write the games was that my son kept tugging at my trouser wanting to do what daddy was doing, but when i let him not much happened on the screen.
Appologies to all those sprogs out there who might be led astray and turn into computer nuts like me.

i hate my life. (sry no need for sarcasm)

Paul

StaceStace

Sassy said:
Sherwopj . . .Paul . . ?

I do not think it is responsible parenting to have children two years old and under any where near a computer. Shocked

Give children a chance to be children. Suspect After all when they grow up there is no going back.

I have to say sassy i felt that was a personal dig! my daughter is not left on her own near the computer.
Believe me she is getting just as much chance of being a child as any other baby her age.
I hope you were not questioning my parenting! until now i had found this site friendly. Mad

SassySassy
- My blog

Stace said:

Sassy said:
Sherwopj . . .Paul . . ?

I have to say sassy i felt that was a personal dig! my daughter is not left on her own near the computer.
Believe me she is getting just as much chance of being a child as any other baby her age.
I hope you were not questioning my parenting! until now i had found this site friendly. Mad

I assure you I was speaking in general. It was not a comment directed at any one person or group of people. Suspect
I was not questioning anyone or anything.
We do not always have to agree to get along. Wink The best of friends are able to be honest and not hold each other back in situations like these.

FionaFiona
i have to say that letting your child occasionaly use a pc, whilst supervising them does not make anyone a bad parent. yes letting them sit on it all day does, or letting them watch t.v all day also.

like most things in moderation its fine Very happy

sugarsugar Moderator
My DD loves using a PC and even used to have PC lessons at nursery and shes 4 mext month - i think its a great site!

chezchez
hi hun thanks my children loved it Smile

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews