Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Work from home & office and have started a new business

bouncybabsbouncybabs
posted 9 years 7 months ago
Is there really any time for anything else??

I am currently recovering from spinal surgery (my 5th in 8 years) so I am working from home 3 days a week, and spending 2 mornings a week in the office. Hopefully this will turn into 5 mornings in the office - and home in the afternoon - my body cannot stand a whole day in the office - so they generously let me have a 2 hr rest, and then start again in the afternoon.

And....I've started my own business - creating a range of natural skincare products for the whole family - from babies to oldies. I launched my website last week...

It has taken up so much of my time recently, and being wheelchair bound half of the time does not help. I feel really guilty about not spending enough time with my son and husband.

Hopefully, if my business takes off, then I can work a day or so less in the office - but I could never give it up completely.
I would miss the human interaction - its bad enough only being in the office 2 days a week as it is!Confused

I really don't think that I could work from home full time. It is proving hard to just stop working, and in the end I know my body will react and shut down.

The worst thing I think is not spending enough time playing with my six year old, but he has been very understanding, and the start of the range was with him in mind.

I don't know how to get the balance right - so all advice about how to keep son and hubby both happy, and run a business and work full time is welcome. Phew!! I'm getting tired telling you about it Sleep

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 7 months ago
sounds mad at your house.

Sorry have no advice about how to manage your work load and family.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews