Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

how long we giving shannon

bunnigirlbunnigirl
posted 9 years 5 months ago
before she breaks her neck

her god mother brought her some of those heelies u no the trainers with built in wheels well i am grateful as shannon has been wanting some for ages and i couldnt aford them

but how long are we giving her before she has broken something LOL

xxx

AlexAlex Moderator
im sure she will be fine Thumbs Up

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I want some of those LOL, but I would definately break my neck Blink

Hope she has fun with them and is safe too!!

LucyLucy
nope my kids are not having those, they are not allowed in sainsburys.

gemmas been wanting a pair for ages but uh no shes not getting them!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
the thought of Aaralyn wanting them scares me too... I'm hoping they will not be a "fad" by the time she decides she wants them. There was a report on the news about how many children get injured on them each year.

I would just make sure she has knee, elbow and shoulder pads and maybe even a helmut... she may feel silly with all that on but might be a comprimise for that or not to be able to use them??

AlexAlex Moderator
Last edited by Alex 9 years 5 months ago

hapydazy said:
the thought of Aaralyn wanting them scares me too... I'm hoping they will not be a "fad" by the time she decides she wants them. There was a report on the news about how many children get injured on them each year.

I would just make sure she has knee, elbow and shoulder pads and maybe even a helmut... she may feel silly with all that on but might be a comprimise for that or not to be able to use them??

there are also reports of children wearing them all the time and that can lead to back problems in later life (something to do with posture)

bunnigirlbunnigirl
well she defo not allowed to school with them on she seems to be balenced ok on them i guess thats cos of her being able to ice skate and stuff

xxx

kristagkristag
I was worried about Jas hurting herself when I got her some - I didn't realise you could get them with 2 wheels for 'training' so just got the single wheel ones.

I spent ages with her almost dragging her around while she got used to them (more for my concern than hers!) but she can also ice skate so she was just fine on them after a few tries.

Trouble is, there aren't many places you can use them with smooth surfaces and they've been banned in most shopping centres. Our pavements aren't great for anything on wheels Wink

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews