Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

How to pick a name.

collegestdntcollegestdnt
posted 9 years 8 months ago
I've had some good ideas for a long time now.... How did you guys pick names for your kids? Very Happy

LucyLucy
The name Thomas came to me when i was in labour and just as he was born, the midwife asked me "so what are we naming this little man?" and I said Thomas, he wa going to be Luke Thomas, but he didnt look like a Luke. So Thomas it was and it stuck!

Gemma was just a name i really like as soon as i found out i was pg again. No real reason just that it sounded nice.

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Aaralyn was not named until she was almost 5 days old Embarassed

I had Jady Jo picked out for her if she was a girl the whole time I was pregnant... when she was born and I saw her for the first time (when she was already a day old due to medical complications) she did NOT look like a Jady so we were back to square one again.

Every day her dad would come to the hospital with a list of names and we'd go through and be like, no, no, no.... then one day he had a baby name list and the first name was Aaralyn and it meant "With Song"... it was perfect and it suites her perfectly too! Very Happy

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
Jami. ive always liked the name Jami for a girl and the spelling (without the 'e') was after the actress Jami Gertz

Catherine was named after James' mum who died when he was 11yrs. she was also due on james' mums birthday, but unfortunately came 2 days later

Benjamin. James wanted Ben if it was a boy. its also my grandads middle name

ellee1984ellee1984
we came up with the name izzabella after i said to her dad i liked the name ebony for a girl and he told people at his work id said annabelle i gave his work colleague a lift home one night and he commented to me on how nice the name annabelle that i had picked out was nice and i told him i like the name ebony and then when my daughters dad and i got home we talked about it and i said the only name i realy liked that had belle or bella at the end was izzabelle(a) and thats how we came up with that name and natalya her middle name is my picking as i love eastern european names etc like the way they spell jacob (jakub) etc i did want natalya to be her 1st name but he overrulled me and i think she definately looks like an izzy now and not nats

JOJOJOJO
well we picked the name Ethan Isaiah,we liked the name Ethan but I found the name Isaiah in a name book and liked it as a middle name,the two names worked well together,otherwise Ethan would of been Jude ,and for our 2nd boy we like the name Conrad Jay both picked out of books,Conrad was going to be Adam Gabriel but we changed our minds

daisy33daisy33
We spoke about names for months, but as we always new someone called a name so we decided against it.

And then we both watched a film with Harrison Ford in and we both at the same time almost said what about Harrison after many disputes before. We both strongly agreed.

What we need now is another film as we can not agree on any names again(if i was to get pregnant that is) Why we are already talking about it god only know's

xxx

daisy33daisy33
Ps, Good luck with it

I love the name Daisy but can not have that if i was to have a girl as my French mastiff is called that!!!!

ElinElin
Atm we have a name for bump if it is a boy and that is Jack. But if it is a girl we dont know. And Rich mum think it will be a girl. She did have right with David. So maybe it will be a girl.

jo-jojo-jo
Vic got named after my FIL (no i wasnt very happy)LOL.Vic's reall name is Vittorio James (it means victorie) meant to be called James Vittorio but hey my DH wanted tradition.
This time around we havnt really decided yet but we both like Sam (my dads name)and a few others but we are going to wait untill he is born.

candgsmumcandgsmum
posted 9 years 7 months ago
We wanted a traditional name for Charlotte but it took us forever to decide on one. It would have been James David for a boy (David after my Granddad, james is my dads, Marts and my bros middle name) and we decided on Charlotte Amelia for a girl, although for a while it was going to be Amelia Charlotte but we decided we prefered it the other way around.

With George it took us forever to decide on a name, all the ones i liked, mart didn't and vice versa LOL. I suggested George and we both agreed we liked it. His middle name is Edward after his uncle.

AlexAlex Moderator
At the time I was pregnant my cousin was researching our family tree so I used that to help pick names I liked. Other names I picked my mum told me NO (she works in a school and knew menances with all the names I suggested!!!!I do the same now Embarassed ) I knew I wanted robert for a middle name if I had a boy because we were a family of girls (no boys born in the immediate family for over 60years) so I would pass on my Dads name. I went into the hospital with 4 names and then when Joseph was born he was none of them he was wither a Joseph or and ethan but I went with the family name and he became Joseph Robert

collegestdntcollegestdnt
My problem is I know people with that name or people who are pregnant and thinking of that name.Frustrated

I really like the name Kolton for a boy. But a friend at work has a new born with that name and I think it would be weird. Sad

I like the name Kiarah (Key-are-ah) for a girl.But I'm thinking of alot of names right now-of course! Razz

I have some friends and family that are going to save there babies clothes for me if I need them soon! Very Happy I hope I do! Love

gypseygypsey
oliverluke my mum picked. chelsea jane her dad picked(footy fan).taliarose i picked. and mason reece my fella picked i liked alfie Smile

sugarsugar Moderator
Charlotte was going to be a Lauren until we found out we were expecting a girl then DF said how about Charlotte and we stuck with it so her middle name s Lauren.
Thomas is Thomas becoz its a middle (FIL, BIL, DF's grandad have it as a middle name) name passed down the family but we liked it to use it as a first name and his middle name is david after a lot of other family members (my dad being one)

angelsmomangelsmom
casey was a name lee had always liked, (hed wanted his oldest to be called that) i liked it 2. and angel came coz we liked angelus but couldnt decide on spelling so shortend it. so wa have casey angel.

hayden came from actress heyden panitteren (claire on heroes) and justin was our friends name. (he was killed 2 1/2yrs ago) wwe wanted his name in. so we have haayden justin.

Mommy2-2Mommy2-2
Hub and I went through name books and checked off the ones we liked. Then there was the discussion. All our names were ones we could agree on. Not an easy feat.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews