Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Maddy scared the bleep outta us last night!

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
posted 1 decade 3 days ago
Isabelle, Celia and Maddy were all playing the room last night when Celia came out saying Maddy had put a coin in her mouth and she thought she was choking on it... well, she had and she was!! Upset

All three of us adults (Kristen, Jason and me) were right there and I grabbed Maddy and tried the heimlick (sp??) manuever but I was afraid I didn't know how to do it right, no coin come up so I went to grab the phone to call 911 while Kristen was in shock and Jason just kept saying don't worry it'll come out... just as I was dialing emergency, I heard the coin fall on the floor and Maddy started screaming... some how it dislodged from her throat. As you can imagine we were all a bit of a wreck aftet that and of course it took Kristen a little bit to recover from the scare. I know exactly how she felt because that happened with Aaralyn and a piece of a chicken nugget around the same age as Maddy, but Aaralyn had already gone blueish before it came out. It took me a long time to get over feeling like I failed her for letting that happen so I just kept telling Kristen last night that things like that just happen sometimes and it all ended ok this time.

The older girls were reprimanded for having not picked up the coin/token things from the floor so that Maddy couldn't get to them. I think they learned their lesson big time just from seeing what happened and knowing what could have happened.

Oh and on a side note, Celia hurt her toe real bad earlier in the day when a thermos fell on her foot (toe is all bruised and swollen) and Isabelle had a bloody nose later in the day when she tried to duck from a squirt gun blast from her Daddy Rolling Eyes she hit her face/nose on the corner of the table.... and it wasn't even Friday the 13th anymore!!

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
omg hun. that must have been awful. glad little maddies ok, but what a scare. and poor celia and isabelle too. not a very good weekend eh? LOL Hug Hug

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
omg hun im glad shes ok though big hugs Hug

LucyLucy
oh blerss, i hope shes ok, good job they could come and tell you. Hug

crazy_girlcrazy_girl
awww bless her glad she ok.. Hug Hug

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
She was totally fine about 5 minutes after it happened... I think it just scared her really bad.... Kristen on the other hand, took a little longer to recover from it, as you all can imagine. But she's had a few scares with Crazy Maddy cuz she's a handful! Crazy (some may remember the video I posted from the last time we came up here to visit, that little monkey LOL Monkey )

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews