Join JustParents to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join for free

Which Books? - Help

lucy_74lucy_74
posted 1 decade 1 year ago
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I'm looking for some books for my youngest, she is 6 and loves books, I have had a look on a few websites but there are so many out there I am not sure which ones would be best. Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks
Lucy Smile

hapydazyhapydazy
I would say which ever has the books she likes to read for the best value. Or even better, go to the library with her and let her pick out books that she likes then she'll have huge variety and your books shelves won't be collapsing like mine are because there are soooooo many books on them.

LucyLucy
you could try an online bookstore

AlexAlex Moderator
which reading scheme does she do at school? If it is the Oxford reading tree with Biff and Chip you can get some nice read at home books whish deal with the vocab and characters she would read about at school

lucy_74lucy_74
Friday 13th looms upon us again....
Thank you for all of your help, much appreciated,

A friend has referred me to SPAM and their line of books look really good, they have story and learning books so I may look into that further...any other ideas for educational books.

Thanks

Lucy Smile

hapydazyhapydazy
how did I know this was gonna turn into a spam post??? Tounge Out

LucyLucy

hapydazy said:
how did I know this was gonna turn into a spam post??? Tounge Out

Suspect

lucy_74lucy_74
Hi,
Sorry if that looked like a spam post. It really wasn't. I have been recommended these books and they do look good..

Lucy x

hapydazyhapydazy
Ok, I'm sorry then too... it did look like one and we sure get alot of people just joining to spam us and then we never see that member again.

I hope you will enjoy JP then and stick around!

LucyLucy
im glad you could find what you wnated

baggybaggy
if its not spam then its wierd cos lcuy_74 posts the same things on all the other sights i read

hapydazyhapydazy
Thank you Baggy for pointing that out!! Very happy

I've just googled user name lucy_74 and yea, you are definately a big time spammer!!! tsk tsk Tounge Out

Nicki_SueNicki_Sue
Usborne Books have some lovely books and they have a read scheme too - google their main website and have a look at young readers or first reader in the catalogue - you can look inside some of the titles to see the story, text size etc.

Other than that - how about the library? Let your DD have a real good browse? x

LucyLucy
yeah i just googled it too and there are other boards that have said the same thing, bloody spammers, why do they do this?

Nicki_SueNicki_Sue
Whats the point?! Cuckoo (Wish I'd read the whole post properly now before posting Embarassed ).

RichRich Moderator

Nicki_Sue said:
Whats the point?! Cuckoo (Wish I'd read the whole post properly now before posting Embarassed ).

The point is that you have informed the genuine users of our forums of some useful books that you found good, I'd say it was worth the reply you gave Smile

Nicki_SueNicki_Sue
Thanks hun. (I actually meant whats the point of people spamming etc but it was nice of you to say that).

Join JustParents for free to reply

Search

Questions needing your answer

Latest Reviews