Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

TTC- irregular periods

posted 9 years 9 months ago
Jer and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months but since December last year my periods have been all over the place- I am worried as up until then they have always been 28-day like clockwork. Initial December period was 5 weeks, then 3 weeks in Jan, 5 weeks again then 3. March and April were 4 weeks 2 days, but May cycle was 3 weeks 4 days. I think I'm still ovulating as have mittelschmerz (think that's how to spell it!)- but am concerned that I may be having other problems as am 31 years old. No history of early menopause in family, but my mum has trouble with her thyroid. I read that this could be a cause, but has anyone on here had (or know anyone who has) this problem?

Lou xx

P.S. Am testing with fertility thermometer and temp has gone up today (day 11).

posted 9 years 9 months ago
they probably are a bit wonky if you are actively tryuing thenyou notice it more.

take your time it will happen it took me about a year to get Tom, but if nothing in 6 months get checked out

posted 9 years 8 months ago
My husband and I tried for six months with my first as I always suffered terribly with iregular periods, remember you can only fall pregnant one day a month its tricky work!

I talked to my dr who gave me a better insight into TTC, her advice paid off as we now have a 2 year old daughter and now am prgnant with my second, had I of not listened to her Im sure I would still be trying.

If its not happenig maybe chat to your dr if you think its an age factor

good luck

posted 9 years 8 months ago
I have always had different cycles and never know where i am at. Again this month i am late, but this can be very normal.

It took me along time to get pregnant and we were just about to start ivf, infact i was picking up the injections the day i found out i was.

I was 31 when i got pregnant and 32 now, nearly 33 and do not consider this age at all a problem to have little ones as in a year or so i wil try again.

I did many things to get pregnant in the end, please email again if you want any tips!!!It is hard to know whether i fell pregnant because of these but i feel certain things helped

It will happen, it takes most couples at least a year apparently to catch

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews