Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Older mums-to-be

kristagkristag
posted 9 years 6 months ago
I just wandered how many folks on here are a bit older?

I had my daughter when I was just a few days off 33 and now am 42 and having my 2nd child Clapping Clapping

Love to know if anyone else out there is an oldie like me Thumbs Up

x

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I was 33 when I had Aaralyn. We have quite a few friends who are just having their first babies into their 40's... it's pretty common in the states now for people to be having kids in their late 30's and early 40's... How bout in UK??

TAMSTAMS
Having my first and I am 35. My sis is trying and she is 38 we both travelled world before we met men Hug we wanted to settle with.

AmericanMomAmericanMom
posted 9 years 5 months ago
- My blog
I have found that in the UK you are either a teenage mom or over the age of 35. Where are the 25 to 35 year olds? We are a vanishing breed!!

LucyLucy
i had my 2nd child at 30 and 1st at 28, i was classed as older back then

daisy33daisy33
I was 32 when i had Harrison, 33 very soon

Not in a rush for another yet, anyway its just a number.

Enjoy Very Happy

mumof2boysmumof2boys
I had my first son at 37 (month off 38)
and 2nd one on my 41st birthday

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
im 21 on sunday so im not classed as a teen mum but a young mum. but in my area there are loads of mums between 20 and 29.

AlexAlex Moderator
when I had Joseph if I had had him in the city where I stayed during my pregnancy at 23 I would have been classed as an older mum Shocked I didnt though and had him at the nearby hospital to my mum and I was the youngest on the ward

Mommy2-2Mommy2-2
I'm an oldie but a goodie. Number three is coming and I'll be 41 when he is born.

Call me a late bloomer. Like Madonna Embarassed

kristagkristag
Great to know there are a few of us out there Clapping

It does seem to be the way that the tendency is to have children quite early in your 20s or wait until mid-30s now.

I'm very excited about this little one and so is my daughter Clapping

x

mum26soon2b7mum26soon2b7
posted 9 years 4 months ago
hiya i had my first at 18 and my 6th this feb!! am now having my 7th and FINAL baby feb 09 and im 39 this year x x x Clapping

candgsmumcandgsmum

AmericanMom said:
I have found that in the UK you are either a teenage mom or over the age of 35. Where are the 25 to 35 year olds? We are a vanishing breed!!

I've not really noticed that.

daisy33daisy33
I was 32!!!

But will be 33 soon and by the time i have a second i am sure to be about 35

xx

bellasmumbellasmum
I had my first at 35, and am now almost 39 and pregnant with baby no.2.

bellasmumbellasmum

candgsmum said:

AmericanMom said:

I've not really noticed that.

I am also an American living in England, and I haven't noticed that either. I have friends of ALL ages who have or are having children.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews