Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

Membrane sweep has anyone

TAMSTAMS
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
else had one of these and did it work for them?

As if my Bean hasn't arrived by Monday that is what I've been offered.

Thanx in advance
Tams

gypseygypsey
i had two with tal and it didnt wrk but most times they do wrk..gd luck

TAMSTAMS
To be honest I just want my baby in my arms so give anything a go just wish they'd do it fri not mon

AlexAlex Moderator
I had 1 at 40 weeks- it did nothing and then 1 at 40+5 and it made me go to 1cm so my induction worked really well. My pal had 1 with her 3rd and that night her DD was born

It is nothing to worry about- slightly uncomfortable but thats it

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
a friend of mine had loads but none worked she ended up three weeks over due LOL (dont mean to worry you)
i had a pessary inserted and worked within 4hrs!! good luck, how over due are you?

TAMSTAMS
Am 7 days today and on Mon when they want to do it will be 11 have tried everything on the websites but babe loves Mummy's hotel Upset

daisy33daisy33
Yes they did it with me, the following day i went into labour!!! not sure if it did it of whether i would have gone into labour anyway. It wil not hurt you to try though Thumbs Up

Not long now xx

imakeboysimakeboys
had one - didnt work but then again all the other kinds of crazy stuff i tried didnt work either.

i think it depends on if ur nerly ready or not - babys like to take their time, shouldnt b rushed xx

gl tho x

TAMSTAMS
Had the membrane sweep today and then slept the afternoon away Sleep .

Midwide has booked me in for induction for Sunday, Fathers Day so if Beanie hasn't arrived then I go in on Saturday at 7.30pm Blink.

So here's hoping Beanie decides even fri 13th would be a good day to arrive.

AlexAlex Moderator
Did the MW say anything about your sweep- some say how your cerfix is.

Hope baby comes soon

mumof3girlsmumof3girls
i have had them with all of mine but unfortanatly it didnt work but my friend had it done with her little girl and she was in labour that evening. Good luck hunni xxx

JOJOJOJO
yep I had one and it worked but took about 48 hours for it to work,good luck

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog

TAMS said:
Had the membrane sweep today and then slept the afternoon away Sleep .

Midwide has booked me in for induction for Sunday, Fathers Day so if Beanie hasn't arrived then I go in on Saturday at 7.30pm Blink.

So here's hoping Beanie decides even fri 13th would be a good day to arrive.

my birthday is on fathers day hun good day hehe Clapping

TAMSTAMS
My Grandad would have been 90 on the 13th so I am wondering if Beanie will appear then as it is a Friday and my Dad was born during the blitz on a Friday 13th under the kitchen table. Just trying to keep busy Yes

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
Sendin' ya some labour dust from the US hun!! Hope you go soon and have a nice healthy delivery Hug

TAMSTAMS
Baby Beanie stil not arrived but hubby taken today and tomorrow off work so that we can spend some snuggle time pre-baby.

Thank you all for your blessings

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
awww good luck hun hope bubs comes soon Hug Hug

JOJOJOJO
any news hun Wave

TAMSTAMS
Shrug

My beanie definately like it in me. Have caught up with all my ironing (3 hours worth)had a little snooze, had lunch so thought that I'd do some hoovering next to see if that works.

Hubby yesterday bought me 3 more sets of PJ's so that if I am having to stay in for a while I have a few change of clothes. He's also bought me roses.

JOJOJOJO
how far over are you now,I went 9 days over with my first and 10 with my 2nd so know how you feel

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews