Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

brothers and sisters

crystalpaulacrystalpaula
posted 9 years 6 months ago
hi there my son is three and my daughter is only 18 months my son thinks its ok to play rough and tumble with his sister like he does with his freinds at nursery but he sat on her back thinking she was going to give him a horsey ride today does anyone hav any ideas to try and get him to play nicley.[/b]

AlexAlex Moderator
Only thing I can suggest is to show him how to play with her. Sit down with toys your DD likes and involve your son, keep reinforcing how much your DD likes this toy and this is how she likes to play. Also remind him that she is little and play has to be gentler

mcmummymcmummy
I can't really add much more than Alex has said. My daughter is quite rough with her younger brother but I think boys can handle the rough play early on. He's so much tougher than she is. At least he gives as good as he gets! Very Happy

candgsmumcandgsmum
I had to explain to Charlotte that George could be hurt more easily and he couldn't roughytough (our word for rough and tumble LOL) like she can.

We had to just keep an eye out and when she seemed to be getting a bit too rough with him we would gently remind her to go easy on him.

Now they are both as bad as each other LOL.

GTTkelGTTkel
I can't really say because my two play rough together and love it. There is 2 years 10 months between them and they've been rough-housing since the youngest was about 14 months and they love every minute Unsure

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
charly hasnt got siblings yet but she has got 3 uncles aged 6-12 and they always play rough so she enjoys rough play + she goes to a mother and baby group where she rough pays sometimes i dont say anything unless they get TOO rough it doesnt hurt her just teaching her to be tough if thats the right way of putting it. she doesnt let her uncles push her around LOL

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews