Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

TTC first baby and upset

mango82mango82
posted 1 decade 6 months ago
Hi everyone, i am new to this and wanted to share my thoughts. i am 26 just married in sept 07 and we have been TTC for 4 months. i have just found out my friend is pregnant after one month! i was devestated and cried for hours (although happy for her) and am only just starting to overcome my feelings and look forward. Every month is so hard and sometimes i wonder why its so easy for some! would love to hear your thoughts.

xxx Crying

GTTkelGTTkel
I understand it must be upsetting that your friend has fallen so quickly, but after only 4 months of trying it is still early days, especially if you were taking the pill, injection or implant as your hormone levels could still be changing. I've heard many women say that they didn't get pregnant while they were worrying about it.

candgsmumcandgsmum
Hi hun, don't panic, I think it is quite normal for it to take time to conceive. Worrying about it won't be helping either.

It took my husband and me 11 months to fall on with our son, but it happened.

Maybe try to implement things (if you haven't already) into your lifestyle such as healthy eating excersise cut back on drinking alcohol etc.

We had talked about going to the dr to make sure everything was still OK after 12 months of nothing and obviously we were expecting to be making the appointment so stopped thinking about conceiving and to our surprise we fell on!

Best of luck and hope you get the result you want soon x

kristagkristag
I fell immediately with my first but it's taken a few months longer this time and a MC in between unfortunately. I haven't taken the pill for about 12 years now as it disagreed with me.

As there are only a small number of days per month you can actually conceive, have you thought about one of those kits that tells you when you are fertile? If you're using a Persona (as I did for a while) you could try on those red days Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Good luck
x

TAMSTAMS
Well in 2000 I lost a fallopian tube and then in 2004 an ovary on opposite sides so was only given a 1 in 100 chance of conceiving. Hubby and I tried and cried each month. Then June last year I was rushed to hospital and had ovarian cyst removed Crying just as we moved house. Got a dog in september and then in October started feeling run down and Whistling found we were pregnant. Now am 10 days overdue.

We had stopped focusing on getting pregant we suddenly found that we were.

Good Luck and try not too focus on just having sex at the right time as when we were just celebrating our new home it happened

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
WOW, I didn't realize you were 10 days overdue....poor you Hug

Welcome to JP, I don't have any advise on TTCing but just wanted to wish you good luck!!

jo-jojo-jo
Hi hun,i just wanted to say goodluck TTC,my DH and i took nearly two years to finally concieve we had test after test but they couldnt find anything wrong with us,but just as TAMS said the minute you get wrapped up in something else (for us it was planning another big holiday)these things can just happen.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i fell straight away with both we didnt go by cycles we just had sex as much as poss and i fell LOL
good luck hope it works soon for you xx

daisy33daisy33
I was just picking up my injections to start ivf when i found out i was pregnant hon i had been trying for years.

I found the minute i stopped getting so stressed it happened(easy saying i know because i was really down about it)

I the only thing i changed in the last 3 months was have chinese medicine which cost a fortune, accupuncture and reflexology. Mainly for my stress levels. But i think it was mainly the medicine, i have never felt as well in my whole life as when i was taking it.

Smile It will happen, 4 months is a very short time, but if your like me you want things yesterday. It takes on average a year for couples to conceive they say??

Good luck and try and relax

Speak soon

Paula

xxx

mango82mango82
thank you to all of you who have posted. your advice and support is very appreciated. i know i sound daft worrying after 4 months when so many people are trying a lot longer. i guess having had previous precancerous cells many times and being on the pill for about 8 years wont have helped. However i am keeping positive and i am thinking positive for all of you TTC and wish you lots of luck.

LucyLucy
i hope it happens for you soon, i TTC for about a year with Tom, it happened quicker for Gemma much to Chriss disgust, he was getting to enjoy the sex on tap!

Be patient it will happen and if nothing after 6 months go get checked out, both of you.

Love

mango82mango82
posted 1 decade 5 months ago
Well more news. My sister in law is pregnant! as if its not hard enough my close friend got pregnant now i have to go away for the weekend with my pregnant sister in law and friend who both had no trouble or had accidents!!! i feel like my heart has been ripped out and drove over, i cry and feel dead inside. my other half also wanted us to be the first to give his parents grandchildren, he is ten years older than his sister (who is pregnant without trying). i am wondering who will be next and can i take it??? i feel so low.

wilsmumwilsmum
Hi Mango
I know exactly how you feel - my DH and I have been trying for 6 months now with no luck - we both have children from previous relationships which were conceived first month of trying so we're both upset and worried that it hasn't happened like that for us.
One of my close friends also fell pregnant after we'd been trying for about 4 months and I know how hard it is to appear happy for them on the outside when inside you ache to be pregnant as well. It didn't help that she'd also decided that she wanted another baby so bought an ovulation testing kit had sex just the once on her most fertile day and fell pregnant!!!!
It is hard and it doesn't seem fair a lot of the time but when the time is right I know it'll happen for all of us - I've decided to try to just relax and forget about it now and just enjoy myself - my DH and I only got married in March so we're just gonna have time for ourselves and enjoy it and if we're still trying in another 6 months then we'll go and get checked out.
Good luck hun and try to relax and enjoy it and if anyone makes any comments about you and yr DH having a baby just tell them that when the times right you will be in the meantime your both enjoying the practicing!! That should shut them up!!! LOL
Love

mango82mango82
Thanks for your support. its nice to speak to a woman who knows how it feels inside, my hubby cant feel the emptiness and longing that i do although he tries to support me. i never thought i would feel like this and feel selfish and angry. i want to yell at them to consider how lucky they are and to appreciate every second. i know its nature and wanting doesnt mean that it will happen. I am really considering an ovulation kit which i previously shrugged off as i didnt want to make it seem like we're "trying". i now realise how much i want this and if an ovulation kit helps then so be it. I wonder have you been on the pill and if so how long? i took it for 8 years and wish i didnt. i really wish you both lots of luck. x

wilsmumwilsmum
Ovulation kits are great for knowing the right time to try - we've used them a couple of times but they didn't work for us - now my DH is feeling pressured to perform around my fertile time which isn't helping!!!!

I was on the pill before I fell pregnant with my son - I'd been on it for about 7-8 years then stopped taking it expecting it to take a long time to conceive and fell pregnant straight away!

After I had my son I didn't want to go back on the pill so had the coil inserted instead - had that removed nov/dec after having it for 2.5 years (ish) and we've been trying ever since with no luck as yet. But then AF was due yesterday and no sign yet but then the test i did yesterday morning was negative so who knows!

Good luck TTC and just try to relax - it'll happen when yr least expecting it!!

Butterfly

mango82mango82
Well i have bitten the bullet and gone and bought an ovulation kit, cant use it till next month as its past my ovulation. fingers crossed!

oh someone else got pregnant, hubbys friend, with twins!!! i cant believe how many people are pregnant and i am not!

wilsmumwilsmum
Yeah I know wot you mean - well AF arrived for me yesterday morning so another month where it hasn't happened!
It feels like everywhere I go at the moment I'm faced with pregnant bellies! and the worse thing is everyday I see this woman walk down my road with a toddler, obvious pregnant belly and smoking!! Things like that really get to me - when I'm being so careful watching what I eat and drink etc doing everything right and I'm not pregnant and then you get people like that - it just doesn't seem fair!

Anyway sorry I'm getting on my soapbox now so i'll stop!
Good Luck with the Ovulation Kit - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you xXx

Love

mango82mango82
I know how that feels. My friend was moaning about being pregnant and only ever wants one child. I just wanted to shout - you are soooo lucky why dont you see that! I have come to the conclusion that the longer you try the more you appreciate how special a gift being pregnant and having a baby is so we will in turn become great mothers!

I am very sorry to hear your time isnt this month, its such a build up and then an anti climax, one month waiting feels forever! i am here if you want to chat and i am keeping positive for me and for you. think of me on my weekend away with 2 pregnant women!!!!

wilsmumwilsmum
I know it just feels like everything is revolving around waiting for ovulation and then waiting to see if AF rears her ugly head - sometimes I wish I could just forget about it a bit and not worry but its so hard - my husband keeps telling me not worry that it'll happen for us and we've got plenty of time and I know he's right but its really difficult.

Thanks and good luck - I shall certainly be thinking about you and sending you lost of strength and positive thoughts to get you through it xXx Hug

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews