Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

So tired at 20 weeks

kristagkristag
posted 1 decade 4 months ago
I went through a phase this weekend of being absolutely exhausted, to the point that as well as a good (and long) nights sleep, I actually went to bed during the day for 3 hours on Saturday and today Embarassed

What's wrong with me? I'm sure I'm supposed to be full of energy now.

I haven't been feeling very hungry so have to confess to not eating well of late (or not eating much at all). I wonder if babe has had all the goodness of everything I've had and washed me out Crying I've done my best to have two good meals today lunchtime and dinner time.

Anyone else been like this? I feel I could sleep until you call me Ripvankrista Thumbs Up

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I was like that midway through my pregnancy.... I couldn't sleep at all at night so would catch little naps during the day (was working nights and taking care of my friends 2 boys full time during the days) so would nap when they did. At about 20 weeks I found myself just exausted all the time, then at some point shortly after I felt more energetic again. I hope it's the same for you hun! Hug

jo-jojo-jo
I think it was around my 20+ that i got a little more tired (im ok now)i started feeling like that again recently so my gp checked my bloods i have very low iron so that can make you feel tired also.
keep resting LOL hope your energy comes back soon.xxx

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
i was tired throughout my last 2 pregnancies and used to nap in the day. its normal hun x

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i was like that with this one hun and it turned out i had low iron but once id been on the tablets for a while i had more energy.

daisy33daisy33
I was tired through out!! Sleep when your body tells you too. Plus at night i never slept well so i use to go to bed very late and get up late when my maternity leave from work kicked in.

Do not worry about sleeping in the afternoon make the most of it Smile

Paula

x

kristagkristag
Thanks everyone Very Happy That's all made me feel better. I was starting to wonder what was wrong with me.

I think I'll get my iron checked as I've suffered with low levels of this before due to very bad periods and maybe I'm just lacking a bit so it's worth me checking out - thanks Thumbs Up

I was fine at work today - thought I might fall asleep at my desk but fortunately didn't feel too tired.

x

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
thats ok then glad your feeling a bit better. the only other thing i can say is just rest when you can. i dont get naps during the day coz charly wont let me hehe so i just put my feet up and relax with a film she likes on hope iv helped hun x

candgsmumcandgsmum
Try to 'graze' throughout the day on snacks if you aren't feeling hungry and then you know you are still getting something.

It's normal to feel tired hun, I found a nap would help lots when I was pregnant.

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews