Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

tonsilitis(advice wanted)

AlexAlex Moderator
posted 9 years 6 months ago
As I have only had it the once (and very recently) is it common still to have a sore throat, and slightly res, after finishing the antibiotics? My throat is still sore and swollowing is still sore although much better than it was. I wondered if it was something that will clear up or if the antibiotics havent cleared up the infection

LucyLucy
sounds like it needs another course, gargling with soluable parecentomol helps with the pain and takes the swelling down.

i have suffered on many occasions but if its still sore go back to the dr he may need to give you something else

staceybstaceyb
- My blog
sounds like its still there. my dr told me when i had it a few years ago that antibiotics dont work. the best thing is paracetamol and to gargle salt water (i teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water) it does help.

mummyheathmummyheath
- My blog
i was forever getting it id finish a course of medicine n it would be back again so they took mine out LOL.
my lil bro has had his out yet he still gets tonsilitus from the scar its really weird LOL

Kelly_CaitKelly_Cait
That happened to me, got it a few weeks later, put me on the same tablets but longer than before.

Its a pain to get rid of!

candgsmumcandgsmum
I would say you still have it hun. I was given a course of penecillin and I was practically back to normal within about 3 days.

If I get a sore throat now I find asprin is the best way to cure it, I take the soluble one even though it taste gross it works pretty quickly too.

Hope you feel better soon hun Hug

jo-jojo-jo
I alway's gargle warm water and salt it always works for me as i cant really take antibiotics Shrug
I hope it clears up soon hun.xx

hapydazyhapydazy Moderator
I hope it gets better soon hun. I constantly had it as a teen and they took my tonsils out when I was 17. Hopefully yours will clear soon and you won't keep having chronic problems with those tonsils of yours!

daisy33daisy33
I always use to get it, sometimes every month untill i had them out in my mid twenties.

But if its still sore give it another day to see how you get on. But make an appointment with the doctors incase you need some more antibiotics. Sometimes i needed a second lot.

Hope your feeling better today Smile

Paula

xx

AlexAlex Moderator
I went back tonight. As the penicilin hasnt worked I have been given stronger antibiotics and for a longer time time, I also have co-codomol to take for the pain. GP said something isnt quite right with my throat and will treat it as tonsilitis but if it doesn clear up I have to go have bloods taken Shocked

daisy33daisy33
bless you its feels miserable i know

Try and get as much rest as possible and an early night.

A second lot should def clear it up Smile

I found also a really ice cold drink before i went to bed and a hot cup of tea in the morning always eased it. Maybe thats just me and maybe a comfort thing but try it!!!

xxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews