Join JustParents for free to ask for advice and make new friends! It only takes 60 seconds. Join JustParents

How to book an ultrasound? Dr said brown blood = miscarriag

Indigo_BlueIndigo_Blue
posted 9 years 6 months ago
I went to see a doctor randomly assigned me at the local surgery (who is not particularly nice and remarked 'this is why i never had children' when i said i couldn't stop vomiting). I had a few large drops of brown in my pants a few days back, since then i've had very light yellow-brown spotting on and off mixed with normal mucus for 3 days (no infection, no ectopic or molar pregnancy my Doctor said after examination) and am worried about a blighted ovum, i just want to know, i don't see why i should feel so ill for nothing as i'm losing money like a leaky purse (can't work, constantly having to by different food). She said blood almost always ends in miscarriage, and that it would probably happen in a weak, and my symptoms would go away (they are getting worse!) if it didn't i would have to have an ultrasound scan to see the sack 'which will most likely be empty' and i should book an appointment with a midwife. So does the midwife make an ultrasound appointment? How does one book an appointment with a midwife? I just want an ultra sound to figure out whether i'm going to need a D and C or whatever. I'll be 8 weeks next week!

candgsmumcandgsmum
Well I had the same sort of bleeding hun and I've got a healthy almost 2 year old.

Can you not get to see another doctor and ask to be referred to an EPU? Failing that, go to your A&E and they will probably do it, as I went straight to A&E when I begun to bleed and they referred me there and then and was seen in a few hours.

I don't know how the dr could rule all those things out by an examination especially if your only 8 weeks gone. Also to say that most bleeding ends in miscarriage is wrong, it's more common than you first think to have bleeding in pregnancy.

Best of luck hun, it must be horrible to not know what is going on. xx

RichRich Moderator
I would phone NSH direct to be honest, the doctors told us when my partner had brown muddy colored blood that it was normal and nothing to worry about, but they also booked us an Ultrasound to be safe. They also told us it was Bright red constant bleeding that is a bad sign. We have since had 2 Ultrasounds and a healthy heartbeat and no internal problems at all.

Give them a try.

bunnigirlbunnigirl

candgsmum said:
Well I had the same sort of bleeding hun and I've got a healthy almost 2 year old.

me too babe

good luck

xxx

LucyLucy
good luck i hope its nothing

kristagkristag
Last year I started with brown bleeding that eventually got heavier and did indeed have a miscarriage.

However, this year, I also got some brown bleeding and, as you can imagine, got into a bit of a panic. I phoned my local hospital and they got me straight in to see the EPU who did a scan at 5 weeks and saw the sac and then again at 7 weeks to see the embryo. I am 19 weeks now and all is going great Thumbs Up

I think your doctor sounds particularly harsh and not understanding at all.

You should watch for bleeding that turns red or becomes much heavier. I agree with what others have said about getting to the EPU. Personally I found NHS Direct useless but much probably depends on who you get to speak to.

Keep us posted and hope all goes ok for you Hug Hug

ElinElin
I did have brown bleeding and we did call NSH direct. She did say that brown bleeding is normaly a old bleeding. If you have pregnancy nots maybe it is a number on there you can call and ask what to do. And they maybe can get you a time for a scan.

CherylMcCherylMc
Have you had any back pain or bright red blood with clots? If not, it's likely to be normal. It all seems to be a waiting game though, no matter what people say. Many of my friends have had bleeding and gone on to have healthy babies so don't worry!

I'm 8 weeks and had red bleeding last week but nothing since. I've got my first scan on Friday so fingers crossed.

You should be able to call your hospital (Early Pregnancy Unit) and arrange a scan. I would certainly put in a complaint about the doctor - what an insensitive *****!

TAMSTAMS
Please tellme ur GP isn't in Leicester Evil or Very Mad if so do put a complaint in as I have against the one who told me that "nature would take its course". It sounds like you have what I had and I am now at my due date waiting the arrival Thumbs Up so stay positive. I got in contact with the local MW by getting her phone number from the Receptionist at the GP surgery. And she was fantastic. Halo

Good Luck.

bunnigirlbunnigirl
they say the blood u should fear is bright red blood babe so fingers crossed hun

xxxx

Join JustParents for free to reply

Latest Reviews